Purchased new Razer Blade Stealth 13 - Major Panel Ghosting

Discussion in 'Razer' started by clayton006, Jan 21, 2020.

1. clayton006

clayton006 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So I have a question for all of you. I got a Razer Blade Stealth 13 - 1650 on Amazon recently. I loved it for the first day. The second day I started playing some games and I had a lot of ghosting and just very low response times. I've been reading around trying to get a feel for if that's just the nature of this panel or not. I'd really like to get one of these again but I don't want to end up with another ghosty display. I got the model with the 1080p panel and read that the 4k panel isn't much better. Any help on this would be appreciated as I'd like to order again today if there is a chance I could get a decent panel.

2. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    There are no 13inch gamery panels on the market so you are kinda stuck with it.

3. clayton006

Reputations:
    I hear you. Man it’s such a great system otherwise. That’s a shame. Thanks for getting back.

4. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    No prob. It might change in the near future. 14inch gamin gpanels start to appear now and 16inch panels as well. They are barely used still but the focus might change. Especially after the 14inch Asus gaming laptop with a 144hz screen.

5. clayton006

Reputations:
    That's what I'm hoping for. The Specter x360 13" had an OLED screen which didn't have any ghosting on games. I would love for Razer to put that display into this product. This may not fit within the power budget though.

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Low response time is great isn’t it?
    What games to be specific? Upgraded from 2016 stealth yes I can notice ghosting on ufo test but on my games like fallen order or Red dead redemption2 it’s not noticeable, it because maybe I’m aiming 60fps, overwatch etc 144Hz I play on other Blade with 144Hz.

7. clayton006

Reputations:
    So while I'm not sensitive to a lower response time I am sensitive to blur. World of Warcraft was blurry but tolerable. Once I got into Diablo 3 and Wolf. Youngblood it was immediately apparent how much blur was going on. I have multiple laptops and I use them all for different things. I think the display is to the point that for me it is unusable for anything other than an MMO. That's just my take on it, not saying that everyone should agree.

I really didn't want to return it and started trying to justify away that "the display wasn't that bad" but at the end I just couldn't ignore it.

8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I see, yes on title like Youngblood and other shooting I’d also not using the internal display, after already getting used to Blade 15 144Hz screen. Maybe you should get bigger laptop with great screen, I use mostly stealth for work media consumption (the screen is softer I find that could keep my eyes fine for long time usage) and occasionally gaming (which’s huge improvement compared to any previous my ultrabook). If you need portability I think Asus g4 14 inch would come in March with rtx 2060/1660 ti and 120Hz, though it’s heavier and I think it doesn’t come with TB3 which are huge downside to me.

9. clayton006

Reputations:
    The G14 is what I've been eyeing. I'd carry that along with my a51m or my RZB15 OLED.

10. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Damn you’ve great toys:vbthumbsup: Can’t wait the reviews, since I think even MSI has issue to cool properly 1650maxq on 14 chassis, but it’s due a single fan, that one has dual.