PSA: You can now overclock your laptop monitor [intel/intel+optimus]

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by margroloc, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Umm, wtf? You are both clearly out of your depth.

1.) Why would GreatD need an Intel integrated graphics driver when he just said his is disabled?

2.) For me, current stock Intel graphics drivers will allow OCs now, so it isn't 100% necessary to use those older modded drivers, but that's besides the point here.

3.) GreatD has already been told (a few posts up) to perform the OC directly from his NVIDIA control panel- it's not that hard.

4.) There is no guarantee you will hit 90+Hz successfully.

2. Talon

Talon Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Wow brother you need to relax, I misread his post and thought it said he had Optimus. It was pretty early in the morning well before I had my coffee. Seriously there is no need to be rude and most don't tolerate that type of nonsense around here. Thanks for the correction though!

3. Maleko48

Maleko48 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Apologies to you. Sorry, it was early indeed. There's just something about ______ asking for help that refuse to take the advice of others who already set them straight that pisses me off. We can only help ______ people so much when they aren't willing to actually listen to what others are telling them in order to solve their problem.

No f***s were given in the writing of this post. That's just who I am and I'm not changing any time soon. I think the vast majority of the world are f***ing idiots who are just too stupid for their own good- but that's another conversation entirely. Good day.

4. GreatD

GreatD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you sir. I saw it on my Nvidia Control Panel. Much appreciated.

5. Paparatsio

Paparatsio Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    hei what timings did u use ?

6. rm2k

rm2k Newbie

Reputations:
    hey, tried to overclock my monitor, but it didn't work at all.
    every time i set it on a higher rate it goes smth like this and moves around, changing colors.
    [​IMG]
    here are my specs etc:
    i5-6200u
    geforce 940mx
    windows 10
    Driver Version: 21.20.16.4614
    [​IMG]
    thanks in advance!

7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That means its unstable OC, I reckon 61-63Hz would be an ideal choice for testing.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  8. nr-thunder

nr-thunder Newbie

Reputations:
    Success: Surface Laptop 2017 i5 4GB (13.5", 2256x1504, Kabylake) MEI96A2 - VVX14T092N00
    60Hz -> 75 Hz [LCD reduced, stable]

Anything above creates artifacts (popping black horizontal lines and colourful vertical lines). I also tested 96 Hz with some artifacts but still was able to experience the fluidity. Anything above created more heavy artifacts taking over the whole screen. Played a little around in CRU with LCD reduced etc, no changes in the result. Used a 3d vision monitor for a year, I am missing the 120hz fluidity with my other devices. The 75Hz is noticeably better compared to the 60Hz, so I will keep it, 90Hz was a little bit more satisfying but it still is missing the subjectively infinite fluid animations of +120Hz. I am waiting for an edge to edge ultrabook (like the Huawei Matebook X Pro) with a high refresh rate. notebooks like the Aero 15X (144Hz) still look bulky to me, and I have no use for the specs of a gaming device.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    margroloc and Vasudev like this.
  9. rm2k

rm2k Newbie

Reputations:
    nah, it didn't work, and when i installed this version again (i reverted it back on stable) my realtek lan driver just disappeared. tried to install it again, not working.

edit: it came back after a couple of reboots, strange lol.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Vasudev likes this.
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Disable hybrid shutdown on win 10 to get rid off Win 10 amnesia.