PSA: You can now overclock your laptop monitor [intel/intel+optimus]

Discussion in 'Gaming (Software and Graphics Cards)' started by margroloc, Mar 4, 2017.

1. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    Yes, but why.

2. jrwingate6

jrwingate6 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you have a 120hz paired with a 1070, in some games on high/ultra settings, you aren't coming close to 120fps. I like to lock my FPS in at whatever my display is and you couldn't do that with games that don't hit 120FPS.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. TheRealJohnp

TheRealJohnp Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You should do a google search and maybe read through some monitor review websites because I can slightly recall that some people didn't recommend underclocking the monitor but I'm not certain.

4. Daliardh

Daliardh Newbie

Reputations:
    guyss can u please help me? im stuckk with this 48 refresh rate for 2 years. i got msi laptop with 4k screen (ge62 2qf apache pro) i cant create a custom resolution with intel hd software or cru-1.3.1, i try every resolution with atleast give me 60hz refresh rate but ''the custom resolution exceed the maximum bandwitch capacity'' on intel hd software. and for the cru i think it doesnt work. i follow every step on but it doesnt work

Model : MSI GE62 2QF Apache Pro
    CPU : Intel Core i7 4720HQ
    GPU : HD 4600 + GTX 970M
    Screen model based on HWINFO: SDC 4852

Any kind of help really appreciated

5. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    What resolution is your monitor?

6. barca2014

barca2014 Newbie

Reputations:
    MSI GE72 6QD Apache Pro 17.3 Inch Skylake with the Chi Mei CMN1735

Got it to 108hz stable with no artifacts or anything. This is with reduced timings.

jaug1337 and TheRealJohnp like this.
  7. Kosen

Kosen Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello everyone,
    I've tried my best to make it work on my razer blade but the settings I enter in CRU don't show up neither in window's adapter settings nor in intel graphic settings even if the pixel clock of the settings I enter are way under the maximum capacity. I've downloaded and installed the drivers, ran CRU as administrator, refreshed the drivers and rebooted the computer but I still can't manage to make the settings I register in CRU appear anywhere... Can you guys help me please ?

Specs : Razer blade 2016
    CPU : Core i7 Skylake
    RAM : 16Go
    GPU : Nvidia 1060
    Screen : 3200x1800 multi touch display
    Storage : 512Go Pcle SSD
    Windows 10

Here are some screenshots : https://imgur.com/a/27fO6
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I managed to overclock my FHD blade only to 63, I suppose 5% is better than nothing. Not sure though why CRU isn't sticking on yours.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  9. ohmstance

ohmstance Newbie

Reputations:
    I took a jab with my laptop. It's an early Dell Inspiron 15 7567 with a crappy AUO38ED (B156HAN03.8) panel. With default timings, the screen has an almost unnoticeable artifacting affecting a pixel's red subpixel. It constantly flickers. Adjustments toward the timings fixed it. It doesn't seem to like going above 208MHz.

[​IMG]
    I'm not going to squeeze a bit higher as 90Hz is just 30fps*3. I have a 72Hz mode as well for those pesky 24fps films under SVP.

Try to match your timings to the default resolutions? Especially the sync polarity.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  10. BamiNL

BamiNL Newbie

Reputations:
    I am very happy to announce that I succesfully swapped my old Dell 7559's display with my new Dell 7577's display and viseversa. So that means that I now have an overclocked 7577 100hz screen! It's a perfect fit! Gaming looks so much better on a higher refreshrate. Why waste the capacity of the gtx1060 on 60hz gaming right? Used the settings in the OP for the 7559 screen. No artifacts whatsoever.

TBoneSan likes this.