PS4 and Xbox One - To be a capitalist or not to be a capitalist. That is the question.

Discussion in 'Marketplace FAQ, Rules and Guidelines' started by Codenamefa, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desiplaya130

desiplaya130 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    haha all i can do is laugh. I am in awe that the whining of one man caused the mods to remove my thread.

Why are you so mad? Is it because you wanted to buy one yourself but weren't smart enough to pre-order? For you to be so passionate about something so trivial as someone selling something for more then what YOU think is fair shows that you really have your priorities wrong. First you troll my thread, and when your post gets deleted you come out and make your own thread, how butt-hurt are you?

If you didn't like the thread move on, nobody is forcing you to view it or even buy what I am selling. Pick up a hobby or something because you have too much time on your hands bro.

2. 2.0

2.0 Former NBR Macro-Mod®

Reputations:

Ah the joys of relativism, subjectivism, and well, self-contradictivism™.

Honor? LOL. I like you. You're funny. :)

I don't really want to come out of my face and detail exactly how absurd this notion of honor is and how it should be the basis of some arbitrary notion of fair pricing...

...but...

...how is Microsoft's and Sony's retail price in any regard fair or even honorable? Or even reasonable?₁

When you think that through, you'll begin to see just how misguided this proposed idea is...erm was. I mean think about it. What and/or who has the moral, ethical and honorable right to decide what should constitute unfair and dishonorable pricing?

OK so now let's talk thresholds! [​IMG]

Should the threshold be set at 25% above "fair" market value?
    Or how about 30.267645% above "fair" market value?
    Or how about 42%? I mean seeing as 42 is the meaning of life and all.
    Or how about an algorithm that uses Pi or Tau to determine a floating point threshold?
    Or how about we use the total number of likes received divided by the number of likes given multiplied by 666 and then divided by zero to determine an individual's ability to sell above "fair" market value and by how much?

No I got it! Ready? We'll ask the market at what price something can be sold for. I mean seeing as how the market is always right about these things. I'm thinking that would be the honorable thing to do given the market's seniority over all of us. You know what they say? Respect your elders. (Though I don't know if they still say that. Maybe not considering how teens are running around sucker punching adults these days).

Yes, I'm being facetious and snarkalicious™. And be advised that if I see you using any of my trademarked coined phrases without my express permission, I will send you a bill that will accrue interest daily which is compounded hourly at a rate that is exactly 0.000000000000001% below my state's usury limit until the debt is paid in full.

I mean really now.

Capitalism FTW!
    [​IMG]

What's a bazaar without bizarre pricing on some items?

Oh, yeah, right, I almost forgot...

Your, well how do I put this? Agh I'll just come and say it.

REQUEST DENIED with predjudice. [​IMG]

:D

Ain't I a real stinker?

₁ See "price elasticity of demand" Alfred Marshall, optimal pricing, microeconomics - ECO/ECON/BUS 101.

3. faiz23

faiz23 Macbook FTW

Reputations:
  4. 2.0

Reputations:
    Nah, note says your thread was deleted because you didn't use the form. Use the form and repost and you'll be all good. :)

5. gizmo22

gizmo22 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can't help but think this is directed at me, despite you making the comment before I entered the thread so to speak.

Regarding lowballing, what you do behind closed doors so to speak should be your business. If I think that PS4, or laptop, or Bitcoin is worth $92 (arbitrary number) to me, I think I have ever right to politely offer you $92. It's not worth $93 to me, so I would be a lunatic, or typical American, to offer more than something is worth whether it be based on my own fallibility or emotions.

Trolling threads offering up seeming lowballs is an issue; it seems to happen with relative frequency. Defining the limits and bounds of that arbitrary number (20% less than asking) is a bit subjective though, thus keep everything to PMs. Post a message saying "PM'd (plus 10 char)" if you must for the sake of the seller taking note, but other than that, work it out privately with that door shut.

6. 2.0

Reputations:
    Vegas style.

7. Rengsey R. H. Jr.

Rengsey R. H. Jr. I Never Slept

Reputations:
    I don't know where the " Direct " comment to you came from ? But you seem to be the smart one to decipher what comments go towards what member. Please don't jump to conclusion. I am " Overall " about the community. I have seen listing that is above retail and below retail. 90% of the time, the price listed are unbeatable. " Overall " in general ..people do low ball on a low price anyway, so what makes you think what is not/is low ball, and why you think it was targeted towards you. Usually a person knows their place if the subject hit the spots, and start to ramble nonsense. If you ever look at " ALL " my listing , I can " Guarantee " you ' ALL " my price is lower than anyone , and it will still get low balled. This is just from my experience. Don't get your g-string in a bunch.... And you was not even in the thread so " to speak " ...and you put this on yourself. If you look at my posts in this thread, any smart person can see that I am neutral and not taking anyone sides. What i give is just an opinion and not talking someone down.

8. trooper1414

trooper1414 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I just don't get why it should bother anyone .....if something is a rare commodity for the given while ...people might be willing to pay the extra amount ....For example lets say the xbox one is $499 + tax - $530

I put it up for $$630 + shipping ...which is for $100 more than market ....but we have someone who is looking for an xbox ...for xyz reason ...maybe he is travelling soon ...and needs it right away ...maybe he is from another country and its higher thr.. I don't see why not ....plus the buyer is smart enough to decide if he needs to pay the premium or not ..i don't see why the seller should be blamed for anything ..

And for the record ...I have a xbox one ...that i am willing to let go for $100 more or i might just give it away to family ...since i went ahead with the ps4 ...and that's the time i had spent ....camping out ( i had to work around my work schedule) ....and finally ...all the people on here who keep selling AW laptops ...also put out prices that suit them the best .....a lot of times i have noticed they purchase laptops from the outlet ...when its 30% off ...and sell them for slightly higher...and i don't see anything wrong with that ..if i am smart enough ...i wont buy it ..if the price aint right . Peace out

9. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    *insert popcorn gif here*

[​IMG]

10. Rengsey R. H. Jr.

Rengsey R. H. Jr. I Never Slept

Reputations:
    I agree with you. It's not bothering me at all, I just like to put in my .02 cents in this thread since I do agree from time to time members do put up ridiculous prices.

But a member calling me out that certain message is direct towards them is a no no in my book. It makes me look bad. I am not the type to call anyone out. If anyone that have ever ask me to go low on a item that is already low , I always politely reply " I can't go any lower, sorry " .

On that note I have a PS4 that was shipped from Sony , which was delivered the day after release. It's still in the shipping box still. It's for my 7 year son birthday ... but decides to keep it on a hush to give it to him for Christmas.