PS2 and GC/Wii Emulation on M11X?

Discussion in 'Alienware M11x' started by alucard77, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SazukeEX

SazukeEX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    PSX, GBA, DS, and the such run without any problems on the M11x. No idea on the N64 one though...

If you're getting the PSX emulator I suggest trying out the fan translated Super Robot Wars @G.

2. Vidaluko

Vidaluko Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have like 20 N64 games to emulate, and the all run perfect, 0 lag, even at full screen and some stuff like AA and all that...

About Wii games, I have tested Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, NSMBWii, and they run, but VERY slow, Zelda runs fine, until you get to a big town, the game feels like slowmotion....

Still, I did all that without TS or OC, because it was befor I knew about TS, so I should try again, the only game I have and runs perfect, is Muramasa for the Wii:

YouTube - Muramasa TDB on the Alienware m11x (with Dolphin emu)

I have a Wii and over 25 games for it, so that´s why I have not done that many test...

3. NismoCOB

NismoCOB Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    PCSX2 is a black box for me... on my quad at home FFX was running very smoothly, also on the m11x, and after a couple of months when I tried again, performance was horrible on both systems!
    Didn't change a thing in the emulator...have no idea what cosmic influences might be at work here..

4. utrillalm

utrillalm Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i have tried GC EMULATION with Dolphin (Mario Strikers and Smash Brothers).. I feel you need more CPU to play both smoothly, yes, you can play those games but you dont feel them as smooth as if you play them directly in GC.

5. SazukeEX

SazukeEX Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah, the Dolphin and the PS2 Emulators are very CPU intensive... Rspecially the PS2 one. You can play current gen games on the m211x at maxed out setting but good luck using the PS22 emulator with any decent amount of FPS. >_>

6. mybluesky

mybluesky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I wasn't too worried about PS2. I just wanna replay all my old games on PSX and N64. I also have a DC emulator called nullDC so I could replay phantasy star but for some reason it won't work on my m11x. Works fine on my desktop though....

thanks for the input guys.

7. tulron41

tulron41 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    *scowl* after reading this thread. i decided to try dolphin and see how my 11xr2 would fare. after doing a bit of tweaking i was getting very good fps on lego star wars. But i am having freezing issues and i am unsure why, the program seems pretty unstable. Anyone else have problems or is my configurations messed up or something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.