Project A.R.B.O.L.I.T.O aka my last coding examn XD

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MexicanSnake, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MexicanSnake

MexicanSnake I'm back!

Reputations:
    I know I know I have to translate for you guys

arbolito = small tree

A -Arbol = tree
    R - Rotador = rotating
    B -Bastante = very
    O -Original = original
    L -Lametablemente = shameful
    I- Idiota = idiotic
    T -Tambien = also
    O- Ornamental = ornamental

lol you see guys thats easy for everyone.

Well it was the last exam, my friend "Chema" and I (Francisco) were tired, without ideas, without something funny to do and with many MANY things to do @ our university, and our Prof: Chessani told us to make a final project as exam for our asm coding class. He told us to use stepping motors and *shiny lights:p . It was almost Xmas and we decided to make something for Xmas. The idea was to make a musical rotating xmas tree with lights with a c++ program controlling the asm codes to move the damn tree, we started doing the tree, I coded almost everything:mad: and made the user interface... I also coded that damned jinggle bells song...:D . After 2 days of headaches, candy , junk food and beer we finished it.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We finished the tree, and presented it to our Prof... And he only said: "Bien hecho muchachos les quedo muy padre, excelente idea tienen A++++muestrenmelo , tomen fotos, mandenme el diagrama del circuito, los codigos fuente y listo" = "Well done guys its very awesome, excellent idea you have A++++ show it to me, take pictures, send me the circuit diagram, the source codes and you are done".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Old lappy I know but it has serial port :p)
    Then he just saw the damn tree for less than 1 minute and said, well guys I have to go... remember send me those files ok C ya later..:mad:

Arghhh everybody say that its cute... The next semester Ill make an explosive musical rotating-robotic with shiny lights xmas tree controlled via bluetooth for terrorists :mad:.

lol :D :D :D :D

2. Consecrated

Consecrated Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It's cute and kind of.. productive :)

You should make that one for the next semester, he'll have to notice it and give it some more time :D

3. MGS2392

MGS2392 NAND Cat!

Reputations:
    Cool, where does the shameful idiot part come in? Loving the name, very much.

Looks like it could actually be implemented in something practical too. Some kind of cleaning brush.

4. MexicanSnake

MexicanSnake I'm back!

Reputations:
    Yep the next semester this thing will be a weapon :D. Its really simple but funny.

5. daniel_g

daniel_g Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is that a parallel port I see? o0
    which ucontroller did you use? Just asking cause it seems your connecting it directly to motor, LED and buzzer.

PS. I did a weapon last semester, it rotated just like your tree in search for a light source, when it detected the source it stopped, adjusted the angle and triggered a rubberband gun. The trigger failed during our demo :(

6. MexicanSnake

MexicanSnake I'm back!

Reputations:
    Cool!, nice proyect :D Yeah I know your pain the triger of my last semester vending machine failed during the demo :(.

I used an ULN2803 to correct the port signals, we coded the correct signal scheme via asm.:)

7. Manic Penguins

Manic Penguins [+[ ]=]

Reputations:
    Can I put down an order for 10 please? :)

8. MexicanSnake

MexicanSnake I'm back!

Reputations:
    Lol could be ;), I only have to adjust the code a little bit and voila!:D . Seriously guys making a bomb with these things would be REALLY easy.:eek:

9. Angelic

Angelic Kickin' back :3

Reputations:
    I want one. :D

10. moral hazard

moral hazard Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    You make interesting things. Didn't you make a flamethrower before?

Maybe you should combine the projects and have a musical rotating xmas flamethrower with lights:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.