Problems With Drivers After Windows Update

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by biklas7, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biklas7

biklas7 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi all,

I'm a proud owner of my old Clevo P150EM and early this year made the upgrade to a GTX 970M and couldn't be happier with that, it looked like a new PC.

Today my Windows installed the Windows 10 anniversary update and it screwed my drivers and I can't get my graphic card to work.

Already tried various Nvidia Drivers, used DDU to uninstall old drivers, tried modded inf files, disable signature control, and nothing seems to be working. I'm getting kind of desperate here.

Does anybody here have the same problem or has the know how to help me? Please?

Cheers,
    António

hmscott likes this.
  2. sirana

sirana Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Can you install the nvidia drivers at all? Or does the driver installation fail?

3. biklas7

biklas7 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello sirana, I have to mod th inf files in order to start the installation but as you've said the installation always fails. Do you know why?

hmscott and Mr. Fox like this.
  4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    You need to disable Driver Signature Enforcement to installed modded drivers under Windows 8, 8.X or 10. Otherwise, the installation will fail every time.

5. biklas7

biklas7 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
  6. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    In that case there could be something wrong with the driver mod, or Windows 10 Anniversary cancer is so screwed up that you'll never get it working right. If everything was working fine before that piece of garbage got downloaded, I would fall back to your previous OS. Anniversary Edition has presented serious problems for millions of people. Problem reports are very widespread, and many involve device drivers.

Edit: I just re-read your opening post. You've done the right things and it's not working out. (Good job on your part.)

I'd hang it up and go back to whatever OS you were happy with before. It seems the only thing that has changed in the advent of Windoze Anniversary Edition. You don't need this kind of crap in your life. (None of us deserve that kind of treatment... Micro$loth should be ashamed of themselves for ruining so many computers.)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    John3 and biklas7 like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    When you go back, do it this way: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/66640-How-to-Make-a-Windows-10-quot-Super-LTSB-quot-ISO

Then you'll be able to better control the MicroNazi OS.

biklas7 likes this.
  8. sirana

sirana Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What Mr. Fox said. But honestly I think Driver Signature Enforcement is the culprit, as long as your driver install makes it past the "compatibility check", for which you mod the .inf. If the driver installer fails before you can select the driver components, the .inf mod is done wrongly.

However, assuming it's driver signature enforcement, follow my guide:

Press the Windows button and type "cmd". Rightclick on Command Prompt and select "Run as Administrator".
    In CMD, type

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

hit Enter. Then type

bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

hit Enter. Then restart the PC. If it worked, the lower right corner of your desktop should show your windows 10 build version (1607.xxxx).
    Then try the driver installation again. Tell me if it worked.

Mr. Fox and biklas7 like this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Give it up and go back. The cancer has metastasized and the end result can be fatal. No point in using this piece of trash from the Redmond Mafia. These morons think they can play god and we mustn't allow them to get away with that bull feces.

Driver Signing Changes in Windows 10 Anniversary Update

biklas7 likes this.
  10. biklas7

biklas7 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well I always been a fan of Windows but since the forced updates to Windows 10 and now this **** I'm getting real tired of Microsoft.

Thank you both for your responses, first I will try as sirana said to check if it really is because of DriverSignature Enforcement that I can't install the drivers and if it's not I will do as Mr. Fox said and try to rollback to a previous version.

I will post the results.

Thank you again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.