Problem with third part vendor.

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by Nathan_NoWa, May 6, 2021.

1. Nathan_NoWa

Nathan_NoWa Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone, first time poster, if this is the wrong topic let me know and I can change it :).
    I am having a problem with GentechPC, I bought a MSI Ge75 from them late august last year.
    I got it through them because I wanted the liquid metal for cooling, since I had heard it was really good.
    Problem 1 showed up 3 months into owning it, the LM spilled. So I sent it back, 100$ down for shipping so early sucked but c'est la vie as they say.
    For the whole time the laptop was in their possession they were super sketchy about what had happened to it, never confirming the LM leak and just ignoring emails.
    They sent the laptop back to me with a none-LM paste in it, never asking me (they only told me after I pressed to tell me what they did AFTER it was shipped).
    I was angry about the thermals, but didn't want to fork up another 100$ in shipping for them to fix it, hunkered down and started my uni term.
    Come mid march the RAM is failing, my computer is constantly BSODing, most recently with FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE.
    Memtest fails on the system too.
    I've explained this to gentech, about what to me seems like bad workmanship, every time I want to get it fixed it costs me 100$ and with the sheer amount of fixes needed I worry this will end up costing a lot.
    So I call gentech, and ask them why they've been ghosting me since I got the laptop back (never answered an email with me concerned about temps) and they tell me my emails are basically spam, since I am just complaining.
    I tried to have a conversation with them about my issues with the laptop, and the rep just straight up said "youre just complaining because the 30xx series is out and you want an upgrade".
    On another occasion asking them about the LM change, they simply told me it was equivalent, and if i had a problem i could go through MSI, and they could just put in stock paste. They also told me they wouldn't keep the warranty if I wanted them to put the LM back in it, and after getting mad at them for that they said they would, but they don't think the LM would work.
    I've called them multiple times asking for a return in exchange for a partial refund, because I don't want them to touch the laptop anymore.
    This company is making me feel like i'm insane for wanting a partial refund, I just don't want to deal with them anymore, like the emotional stress of having the call their rep and deal with him and explain why what they're doing is insane.
    They are even doubting the crashes and saying i'm lying after sending them probably 10 different blue screen errors and the failed memtest.
    Any advice guys?
    Thanks
    Nathan

etern4l likes this.
  2. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    are you serious?

obviously you used the laptop for a year and now want your money back ala free rental..

this is not how commerce works

3. Nathan_NoWa

Nathan_NoWa Newbie

Reputations:
    Just a few facts to make sure you understand my story right;
    The laptop was in my use for ~3 months, out of use for ~1 month while they repaired, then made it about 2 more months till it was crashing too bad to use. I had exams and only contacted a month later after my semester was over.
    I've used the laptop for about 5 months, with about a month of a half since ive tried to talk to Gentech.
    I went with these guys for the liquid metal, now im down 100$ soon to be 200$ with no LM, and a company that has told me they don't trust itll break again.
    Like to me I don't have what I originally got, soon i'm going to need to pay another 100$ and they aren't even sure I won't have to break again, like they are self admitting to shoddy work.

4. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    this is why its always a good idea to have warranty...I have had many laptops crap out and am almost always covered under warranty

5. Nathan_NoWa

Nathan_NoWa Newbie

Reputations:
    I do have a warenty, but they aren't even sure they can get the LM to work without failing, essentially scaring me into not telling them to replace the LM, I feel cheated out of what I bought, the laptop was a LOT cheaper in canada without through a US repasting comapny.

6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    well if it doesnt come stock with LM I suggest next time you ask here for advice or research the laptop before buying...I know it sucks but this is just the life

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.