1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Problem with "Activate Bluetooth Using Wireless Switch"

Discussion in 'Alienware M11x' started by Oblivion426, May 28, 2010.

1. AlienTroll

AlienTroll Notebook Evangelist

I have tried nguyenxhoang method but it says I don't have a matching Bluetooth device for the DFU image file. I'm 100% sure I have Bluetooth, because I have used it with another phone. Help?

2. simplewizard

simplewizard Notebook Enthusiast

Re-format is the only way at this time assuming the hardware did not fail, which it probably didn't. If you re-format and it fixes the problem, please let us know.

3. Drigs

Drigs Newbie

I'm having the same issue. I'm not particularly sure when my bluetooth stopped working, but I know it used to. I also have an Alienware M11xR2 laptop and I couldn't follow through with the regular bluetooth installation because there is no "switch" for my bluetooth.
    When I right click my laptop in device manager and click on bluetooth options, nothing happens.
    I've gone into BIOS and turned bluetooth off, then restarted and turned it back on.
    I'd love to handle this without reformatting... and opening the machine would void my warranty. So, if anyone solves this, please let me know!

4. Drigs

Drigs Newbie

I fixed it :D
    Step 1: Go to Device Manager
    Step 2: Right click on your computer name, hit add legacy hardware
    Step 3: use the option that leads to a list of all hardware
    Step 4: click "have disk" in the corner.
    Step 5: Find the folder that you presumably already downloaded to try to fix this. The Dell drivers from the other solution to the problem.
    Step 6: find one of the bluetooth drivers in there.
    Step 7: click ok, let the device manager install all of the drivers.
    Step 8: your bluetooth radio should have been reinstalled and back in your device list.
    :D

You can uninstall the extra devices you don't need, just be sure to leave the radios installed.

5. AlienTroll

Re-Formated, didn't work.

6. AlienTroll

Didn't work, but if someone could give the device ID/name of the Bluetooth device then I could choose the already configured drivers from that list. The I have disk doesn't work.

7. simplewizard

simplewizard Notebook Enthusiast

If you performed a complete reformat and re-installed from scratch and it's still not working, then it cannot be a software issue.

8. AlienTroll

Says the modem cannot be found *error 797*

9. Hackezier

Hackezier Newbie

The only way that worked with me is by updating/flashing the bios.
    i have dell inspiron n5010
    try it might work for u 2 :)

10. josangel555

josangel555 Notebook Enthusiast

thank u so much.. ur trick helped me with the same issue and u saved me from another format attempt....

11. CZroe

CZroe Notebook Evangelist

It's a discrete module that gets installed under the keyboard/palmrest. As you can see in my signature, I have one for sale.

12. amangill0172

amangill0172 Newbie

My friend I'm using Dell Studio 1558 with Windows 7 Ultimate edition, 8GB R.A.M, 500 GB H.D.D, 1GB graphic card ATI Moility Radeon. I've having the same problem with my bluetooth. I've tried the following steps which you have mentioned, however when I try to run "SetupBluetoothDFU.exe" file from the location "C:\dell\drivers\R226746\R226746\Win64\svcpack", it asks me to choose a "DFU Image" file which is there in the SVCPACK itself. Now when I browse and choose it, it's states a message that it's this DFU image file doesn't matches the bluetooth device.

Can you please help and tell me what can I do, to make it work?

13. binh1204

binh1204 Newbie

thank god you're here!
    I m resigter to like for you!

now I guide for erro code 43 and code 10 with Bluetooth can not start
    I have a mouse logitech M555b
    before I install Window XP mode in win7 ultimate x86, i turn on/off switch wireless/bluetooth and then I get Erro code 43, my mouse not run, and I uninstal Bluetooth driver>> I get erro 10, Driver can not started, I go to sevices.exe start and stop but nothing to change, and then i re-instal windown 7 , nothing to change yet,
    I search until to see "nguyenxhoang"

now:
    Step 1 : Download driver E4300 http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER95088M/2/DELL_WIRELESS-365-BLUETOOTH-_A04-2_R247521.exe.
    Step 2: Extract: DELL_WIRELESS-365-BLUETOOTH-_A04-2_R247521
    Step 3: Open C:\Users\hnbbbbbbh ggbb\Downloads\DELL_WIRELESS-365-BLUETOOTH-_A04-2_R247521\Win64\svcpack
    Step 4 click run as Admin this file SetupBluetoothDFU, the dialog box open, click next next next until you click but getnothing, stop and see step 5
    Step 5: If you can not next, go to Device manager Uninstal Bluetooth Radio\ Generic adapter driver and then "scan for hardware change" and then you must click next fastest before windows auto update driver bluetooth in the dialog box , If not you must do step 5 again, and browse.... C:\Users\hnbbbbbbh ggbb\Downloads\DELL_WIRELESS-365-BLUETOOTH-_A04-2_R247521\Win64\svcpack\LS.dfu
    Step 6 Setup finish, you run instal driver C:\Users\hnbbbbbbh ggbb\Downloads\DELL_WIRELESS-365-BLUETOOTH-_A04-2_R247521\Setup.exe

I removed all module of E4300 before I have see the forum :((((((
    thank & best regards!