1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Prize May Be Awarded

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by icebomer80, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icebomer80

icebomer80 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

Listen I need to figure out which laptop I should buy... I just really need some help and may give out a prize to whoever helps me out, considering I have a ton of cool prizes..

My price range is 2,000 dollars and this is the requirements for the laptops OR TABLET PCS{TABLET PC PREFERRED}

Here are the requirements:
    1.MUST BE LIGHT WEIGHT, WE HAVE TO BRING THIS TO SCHOOL
    2.Should be Pretty Fast, or 2 the point where I can play games on it.
    3. Should have a nice look.
    4.MUST HAVE PRETTY GOOD GRAPHICS
    5.MUST HAVE COOL FEATURES

If anyone could help me out and leave ur e-mail if u would like a prize

2. Powder842

Powder842 Newbie

Reputations:
    In looking myself at laptops, and into tablet PCs, theyt end to be fairly expensive. The least expensive ones I saw were Gateways, I'd check them out.

3. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    If you would really like a Tablet PC, perhaps you would like to check out our sister site TabletPCReview. I think the problem you are going to run into, there is an inverse relationship between the weight and its graphics prowess. Meaning the lighter it is, the less likely it will be able to play games well. Good Luck.

4. icebomer80

Reputations:
    Okay I need the weight to be under 6.5 LBS because Im in middle school and im pretty weak lol

5. aphirat

aphirat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Tablet usually has lame graphic card compare to regular laptop. From what you said, i believe the Asus w3j would fit you best. Light, Fast, really nice graphic card, a head turner, and it just got refresh! ^_^

Check it out on Asus Forum. ETA is second week of April i believe

Price should be around $1799

6. Rahul

Rahul I joined NBR in January 2005, how time flies!

Reputations:
    Man, I wish I had a notebook budget of $2000 when I was back in middle school.... :(
    How rich are you anyways? Sorry to go off topic here.

7. Jason

Jason Overclocker NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I would fill out the FAQ. What your looking for isn't very clear.

8. ZaZ

ZaZ Super Model Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Unless you have a specific need, I think you are better off with a regular notebook. With the aforementioned Asus being a good option for something light with some gaming chops. The Sony SZ is worth a look, but may be beyond your budget.

9. icebomer80

Reputations:
    yeah the sony is above my price rate.... I just need a really good SCHOOL laptop so I can take notes on it. Are the alienwares good? Is the Gateway Tablet fast? How about apple? I just need someone to say like wut i should buy..

It needs to be lightweight, have good graphics so i could play games on it and have some cool features.... Is the IBM thinkpad X41 good? Wut is the deal with the thumbprint thing?

10. Amol

Amol APH! NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I wish I had a desktop in middle school. Heck I didn't even have anything similar to the N64!