PriceCheck: VAIO Z590 Blu-Ray + Many Extras

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by xprohx, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xprohx

xprohx Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm considering selling my VAIO Z590. I need some input on price. I may sell the notebook by itself or as a package with all the extras. Here are some of the main specs:

2.53ghz processor, 6mb L2 cache
    4gb DDR3 ram
    320gb 5400rpm HD
    1600x900 LED screen
    Blu-Ray

EXTRAS (may consider selling separately)

Vista Ultimate (full retail package)
    Dock/Port Replicator (VGP-PRZ1) with full retail packaging
    Spare A/C adapter (genuine Sony, with full retail packaging)
    Genuine Sony premium leather case for the Z (VGP-CVZ1) with full retail packaging

Looking to see if it is all worth selling, thanks all.

2. zephir

zephir Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    For a fast and quick sale, $1300 is reasonable. This is consistent with prices on ebay.

3. angelicvoices

angelicvoices Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you're selling all that for as little as $1300, I'm buying ;)

4. xprohx

Reputations:
    Just checked eBay and couldn't find any comparable for that much. The lowest I have seen is $1600 for the computer alone. Also wanted to add that this computer has express ship/repair coverage from Sony unitl September 2011. So if if I'm only looking at $1300 alone for the notebook...I will have to pass.

Any other input?

5. SPEEDwithJJ

SPEEDwithJJ NBR Super Idiot

Reputations:
    I think maybe $1,850?

6. zephir

zephir Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That's why I said for a quick sale ;)
    Even though you see a computer for $1600, but nobody's buying it, that's why you see it. For more realistic prices check out completed auctions.
    True value will be approximately $1450 to $1500 I think. You have to consider the current economy. Also, extras do not add up in real value, but only 50% of their value if you bundle everything together. I recommend selling the laptop alone, then sell the extras separately.
    My 2 cents only.

7. angelicvoices

angelicvoices Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you want to talk completed sells, the CHEAPEST one sold was $1,599.99. The others have sold at $1,849.00 and $1,970.00. None of those have all the extras.

How you got $1300 (then changed to $1450-$1500) based on completed sells, I do not know, but it does not appear that you actually took your own advice before deciding on the value. I do agree that selling the extras separately would probably bring more money.

8. zephir

zephir Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hmm, it seems that you're right. I haven't followed the Z series prices closely for a few weeks now, and the last time I checked, the average selling price is about $1300.
    So yes, I do take my own advice. Just not up to date, that's all, since I'm no longer interested in the Z.
    Also, there's often a few impulsive buyers who need the laptop right away, and buy it at a premium, throwing off the average price.

9. markhedder

markhedder Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This laptop had to be atleast $2500 brand new back then for just the blue-ray, with warranty even more. Besides the 5400 RPM drive, everything else is top of the line. With Blue-Ray and Extended warranty, I would say $1700 is still very generous.

Which laptop sold was 1599.99 are you referring to, and which ones sold for 1900~? Not trying to question you, I'm genuinely curious.

10. xprohx

Reputations:
    Yep, this notebook was over $2500 when it was purchased new from SonyStyle...less than a year ago. And yes, top of the line parts, which I forgot to add also has Motion Eye Web Cam and Biometrics Fingerprint reader.

I am listing it for sale right now at a very generous price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.