Price Check: np8662/m860etu (used)

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by Coaxmetal, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coaxmetal

Coaxmetal Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So I bought into one of these beauties last July. It has been used as a desktop replacement for about a year, then it was boxed. Specs:

C P U : Core2duo p8700
    Memory: 2gb DDR3 1333 (1 slot)
    D r i v e: 320GB Seagate 7200 RPM
    Graphics: 260m 1gb
    Wireless: Intel 5300AGN
    Screen: Glossy, 1680x1050

I will sell it with a fresh license for Win7 Home Premium x64, installed or untouched by request. Also have a license for Win7 Professional Upgrade tied to the machine so effectively comes with Win7 Professional.

Shipping will be from the US at cost. Obviously the warranty has expired. Shape? Pristine. I really took good care of it: I cleaned out the dust regularly, I didn't force any screws etc. No dead pixels, no scratches that I can find (though there may be minor surface scratches... but you would really have to look for them!).

I was thinking somewhere in the range of $800 - $900? Is that too little? I removed an Intel q9200 ES from it as well. Not sure what the policy is on selling machines with ES samples in them, given the policy on ES sales. Would installing it again boost me to the 1000-1100 range?

2. X2P

X2P COOLING | NBR Super Mod

Reputations:
  3. DaneGRClose

DaneGRClose Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Yours also had the 1920x1200 screen X2P, the estimates he got were in the 6-700 range for the most part so I'd say you're realistically looking at 550-650 depending on where you sell it and how quick you want it to sell.

4. Coaxmetal

Reputations:
    Wow, so much for the Sager holding it's value a bit. I should have sold it 6 months back, but I kept putting it off. Damn.

Maybe I'll just keep it. I'd rather have a quad core desktop replacement kicking around than basically throwing 1000 dollars down the drain.

5. puterg33k

puterg33k Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It's technology man, that's the way it goes. It's not about Sager so much as it's about technology.

6. Coaxmetal

Reputations:
    Yeah I understand. First laptop I purchased and was under the (misguided) impression that the build quality and in general well thought out design would allow it to hold its value a little longer. Guess I bought into the core2duo laptop scene a little too late though.

I suspect that the 32nm i3/i5/i7 line is responsible for its value plummeting. I am REALLY regretting not selling it 6 months back. Cost me a hell of a lot to leave it in a box for 6 months: probably could have gotten around 1k for it 6 months ago.

7. xyz2010

xyz2010 Newbie

Reputations:
    Are you willing to sell your Sager Np8662? maybe we can work out a price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.