Price Check: NP8660

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by Anomaly10, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anomaly10

Anomaly10 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    While it almost brings me to tears to consider parting with my M860TU, I've come to realize after a few months of college that I simply am not using its capabilities as much as I thought I would. It's been well handled, the only signs that it's even been used at all is a slight wear of paint on one of the corners.
    Specs are P9500, 320 GB HDD, 9800GT, 4GB RAM. Depending on what I might be ale to get for it, I might consider selling it for something more practical (IE more battery life, perhaps a little thinner)

Oh, I forgot to mention, it was bought at launch, making it ~2 months old

Guys, to reiterate, this is a PRICE CHECK, not a firm for sale yet. Based on what the NBR community thinks I might be able to get for it, I might post it for sale, so please don't PM me offers just yet. I will post an FS thread with full details and pictures if I decide to sell it.

2. haquocdung

haquocdung Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  3. Anomaly10

Reputations:
    Camera's on the fritz right now, I'll try and borrow a friend's over the weekend and take some pics... if you want I'll use the laptop's webcam and a mirror in the meantime =P. Unfortunately, I'm not really interested in a trade because when I mean a step down I mean I'll be taking a BIG step down -- most likely something in the 1k region for price, so a trade wouldn't really be worth it for me.

4. Anomaly10

Reputations:
    Bump for lack of response to the price check request =/

5. Melody

Melody How's It Made Addict

Reputations:
    Well the NP8660 is a roughly 2000$-ish laptop and considering you have some good specs on it(the 9800M GT which isn't offered anymore in some places), then I'd say you could probably try aiming around 2000$, maybe somewhat lower if you want a quicker sale and considering it is slightly used.

6. dtwn

dtwn C'thulhu fhtagn

Reputations:
    Might be tough, as a user with roughly the same specs was offering 1,750 for several weeks and never got a buyer. The unit was a month old then and looked new.

OP: You may wish to include screen res, HDD (RPM), reseller you made the purchase from, Turbo memory (if any), precise warranty information and etc.

For comparison's sake

9800M GTS
    WSXGA+
    4GB RAM
    320 7200 RPM
    Vista Home Premium
    P9500
    will come out to slightly over 2K at Xoticpc.

The GTS and GT's price performance right now is such that many users are unwilling to pay the premium for the GT.

7. Rorschach

Rorschach Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    >.> not to mention the asus g50vt with a 9800m gs is 1,100$. Unfortunately as dtwn83 said 1,750$ might even be pushing it.

8. Melody

Melody How's It Made Addict

Reputations:
    Well I'm going on a basis value. If he wants to manage a sale, and he's willing, maybe he can go lower, but I'm giving him an estimate based on a few configurations made at different sites.

It's your laptop though so price it as you see fit. The NP8660 is a great laptop so no doubt if you push it lower than the online vendors, you might get someone's attention :D

9. DRTH_STi

DRTH_STi can't.stop.buying.laptops

Reputations:
    I was in your position exactly 4 weeks ago.
    This is what you do. People will lowball you like crazy and say rjtech sells for this -....yada yada. Don't listen. Just post it on Ebay using the buy it now. That's the fastest way to sell it. I put mine up on ebay 3 times and the third time it sold - frankly for more than I actually bought it for :)

Bought it brand new for 1675 - sold for 1900 :) via ebay

I was advertising it on these forums for 1700 ISH roughly. But there were no takers - and I had pretty awesome specs. Good luck.

10. dtwn

dtwn C'thulhu fhtagn

Reputations:
    Don't forget that you got an amazing deal for your NP8660 originally though, probably not the fairest comparison. Most users are highly unlikely to get more than they paid for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.