Price Check Forum

Discussion in 'Marketplace FAQ, Rules and Guidelines' started by LannBot, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LannBot

LannBot Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think we should separate the Price Check and Want To Buy titles into their own separate subsections. This way we can allow newcomers to post for an item they want to buy but not to price check something.

I think we should then lock out the Price Check section with the same restrictions as the For Sale/Trade section. Newcomers shouldn't be allowed to create ANY threads whatsoever in the Marketplace, except WTB, until they reach 100 posts and max out their membership requirements.

2. SlimShady

SlimShady ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&

Reputations:
    While I freely admit it was my own stupidity that led me to ship off $925 for some parts that were found in the "Price Check" forum I do think this is a good idea. Basically someone without enough posts or time to qualify themselves for posting in the For Sale section can backdoor the system and someone stupid like myself will walk right into it. hahaha

3. LannBot

Reputations:
    Nah bro, don't talk down on yourself like that. It's a shame it happened to you, but there's nothing wrong with trusting someone. It is always good to have a way to get your money back though and I'm sure you will!

4. katalin_2003

katalin_2003 NBR Spectre Super Moderator

Reputations:
    We are reviewing this suggestion as we speak.
    Thank you.

5. LannBot

Reputations:
    Just saw the change in the Marketplace. I would like to take this time and thank the NBR mods for taking my suggestion into consideration and making it happen. Hopefully now the forum will be a safer place!