Price Check: 1.5 month old VAIO Z540EBB

Discussion in 'Price Check Forum' started by Skyshade, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyshade

Skyshade Notebook Deity NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I bought my Z540EBB on 10/15 with EPP and coupons to get me a very good deal. Two weeks later, Sony dropped its price by $150 :eek: , I got price matched no problem ;) . Unfortunately, on 11/17, where I am out of price guarantee period, Sony increased EPP discount and there is also a $250 off coupon for Z540 CTO, so I can actually create a CTO that is better speced at the same price when I purchased my Z540EBB :eek: :mad: .

As a result, I am wondering, would anyone want to take a 1.5 month-old Z540EBB for $1400 plus shipping? :confused: The brand new Z540EBB still costs $1849.99, but you can actually configure a Z540CTO of the same spec at $1999.99 - $250 coupon = $1749.99. If you have student discount, you can sweeten the deal some. There are also good deals going on other retailers that give you similar specs and down to $1550 range.

Anyway, I don't think my asking price is competitive, but then again, I don't really need to sell it. What do you think? Would anyone be interested?

2. nhbound20

nhbound20 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I may be mistaken, which if I am I apologize, but it seems that you are offering your Sony Vaio for sale, not asking what is a reasonable price for it. If that is the case, I would encourage you to retitle your post to gain more attention.

3. Skyshade

Reputations:
    Well, I am asking if the price I am thinking is reasonable/attractive...but yeah, read it again it may sound a little like I am already ready to sell.

If I sell, I will buy another Z with the greater discount that I have now at the price I paid for the old to get better specs. However, if the selling price is too low, it doesn't make sense for me to sell.

You are free to tell me what you think it is the reasonable price (lower or higher than my initial guess) without any intention to buy and I reserve the right to sell even if you are willing to pay the price I am thinking (but most likely I will)...so it is price check, just a little bit odd-ball situation, if that clears thing up.

4. sonoritygenius

sonoritygenius Goddess of Laptops

Reputations:
    I got someone who will buy it off you for $1200 :D

5. Skyshade

Reputations:
    Now if he can also let Sony to give me another 20% EPP discount, we will have a deal...:D

Seriously, though, thanks for the tip, that kind of confirms that I should keep my laptop because after all the hassle I wouldn't really be saving anything. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.