Presenting the All-New Intel 10th Gen MSI "GE66"!

Discussion in 'MSI' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Apr 2, 2020.

1. eurodj101

eurodj101 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    May be.....but im nt gonna touch and and im not sending it back...i have LM at home so say i could retouch it but honestly its not like a 10 degree gap or anything and since it literally at the worst case scenario i dont wan to totouch HID's paste job...they are supposed to be sealing it somehow not sure if foam dam or silicone or what so id rather not touch it since its been working fine...also this is an 8 core cpu so one out of 7 acting upa bit isnt total loss its not holding me back much really so....ill just learn to live with it til i dont.....next time im in the states for extende perior i might send it back to get i checked since i paid for extra warranty and all.....til then i get 21k FS score and games run smooth and gpu/cpu in the 70s so im fine with it

2. RMLJD

RMLJD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So two things. Plus one on the fragility of the case tabs. Snapped three removing the bottom cover. And I am very experienced in removal. Its a bad design.

Two. If you want to put a 2nd SSD in you will need two thermal pads. One should be thinner as there is a "step up" on the motherboard under the slot.

Have to drive 2 hours to the nearest microcenter to get the pads tommorow. Amazon can't deliver till monday.

Oh...the pads seems to be 4 mm thick? Never seen one that big so i have to double a 2mm...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  3. RMLJD

RMLJD Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    This is oneeeeeee quiet thread.

4. captaincranium

captaincranium Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    yes i can verify there is an option under Dragon center to switch it to the dedicated GPU only. Its a software option and you have to reboot after you choose this and it will run on the Nvidia card exclusively.

5. G46VW

G46VW Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    any updates?

6. captaincranium

Reputations:
    need some input...i updated with DDU to nvidia game ready driver 451.67. Safe mode, ect. When i switch back to hybrid graphics the orange light on the power button is still on 100% of the time which should indicate the Nvidia card is being used. It stays orange regardless if i use hybrid or discreet mode. Also i noticed when i am in discreet mode, i cannot change the brightness settings at all. When i switch and go back to hybrid mode though Dragon Center, i can change the brightness.....any ideas anyone?

7. werdmonkey4321

werdmonkey4321 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Windows Graphics Settings:

Go into Windows Graphics Settings and make sure Dragon Center is set to run on the integrated GPU. Also do the same with your browser.

Nivida Control Panel:

Set global settings to integrated graphics in the Nvidia Control Panel, and set the discrete GPU for the applications you actually want to use it.

8. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Sounds like what happened to me a few weeks ago when I installed 451.58, the DX12 Ultimate update. My light went orange and my laptop refused to use the intel graphics no matter what I did. I tried reinstalling both the Intel and Nvidia driver, different drivers, all of that. Nothing worked.

Just today I finally said forget it and reinstalled Windows 10, which solved the issue.

9. captaincranium

Reputations:
    yeah i tried the steps that Werdmonkey suggested and nothing. I might just reinstall Windows and see how it goes. happen on a drivers update with me too when it worked no problem beforehand. Annoying...

But thanks everyone...

10. G46VW

G46VW Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hows everyones GE66 running?