Preordering Iphone 4

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by hydralisks, Jun 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hydralisks

hydralisks Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Couple questions:

1) Can I just preorder online at apple.com or do I have to go to the store to preorder?
    2) Also, parents have a company discount for at&t... can I apply that if I preorder online?
    3) Does preordering guarantee that you get one by the 24th?
    4) Do I have to rush to preorder (ie. will they run out of preorder stock even before the actual launch date)?

Thanks!

2. snork

snork Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    1. Pre-ordering will begin on the 15th, I believe you can pre-order from both Apple & AT&T.
    2. If your parents get an AT&T discount, you'd would have to buy your phone through AT&T.
    3. Pre-ordering is your best bet for getting one on the 24th, but nothing in life is guranteed;)
    4. Typically when Apple offers pre-orders, their standard shipping gets it delivered to you on the release date. When I pre-ordered my iPad, the standard free delivery got it to me on the Saturday release date.

3. chris2k5

chris2k5 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am a current iPhone 2G 8GB user that I got off a friend for $50. My contract ends in July, am I eligible to upgrade when the new iPhone 4 comes out?

I heard some 6 months before contract ends promotion is going on. Also am I eligible if I didn't originally buy the iPhone?

4. doh123

doh123 Without ME its just AWESO

Reputations:
    log onto your account at attwireless.com and it will tell you if your eligible or not and what for.

5. Seshan

Seshan Rawrrr!

Reputations:
    I think that's only if you actually bought the iPhone from AT&T on a contract.

6. Jervis961

Jervis961 Hall monitor

Reputations:
    Since you bought the 2G from a friend you never received a discount so you should be eligible. Even if you did get a phone with a discount at the start of the contract AT&T will usually give you a discounted phone within a month or two of your expiration date. The only way to know for sure is to call them or check your account online.

7. snork

snork Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Easiest way to check: if you currently have any iPhone, dial *639# and AT&T will send you an upgrade eligibility text back.

8. chris2k5

chris2k5 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads up! Another quick question...

I also have a Verizon Wireless line and my contract ends June 27th...The iPhone 4 comes out the 25th though...Is there anyway I can just transfer my number over and somehow leave my Verizon line for two days and then cancel?

Or if I just get a new number on AT&T, is there a way to get my Verizon number ported over later?

9. MKang25

MKang25 NBR Prisoner

Reputations:
    So if you guys could help me out here this would be nice.
    Since I am on a family plan I am not eligible for the full subsidized price till 2/2011. So I had this scenario in mind which would be cheaper than paying the early upgrade price.

Start a new line and order the iPhone 4 on that line at the lowest price. Then swap numbers with my current iPhone 3GS, and than cancel my iPhone 3GS line and only pay an ETF of 105.

The only thing that might be a problem is the fact that normally on ATT when you swap phone numbers you swap sim cards but I am not sure how I am going to be able to do that between the iPhone 4 which uses a micro sim and the iPhone 3GS which uses the regular SIM.

10. Seshan

Seshan Rawrrr!

Reputations:
    Att should be able to change the numbers for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.