Prema Mod BIOS for clevo models

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by akwhsu82, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balleraza

Balleraza Newbie

Reputations:
    Do you know if he has a release for this mod? I have a P150EM and I hear he has something done for that....

2. Balleraza

Balleraza Newbie

Reputations:
    Is the 780M project done do you know? I have a P150EM also and I'm anxious to try it out.

3. Aeyix

Aeyix Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The more I see people using Prema's mods, the more I lean toward doing it. I'm just nervous to mess with the BIOS. I might be more inclined in a couple days when I receive the laptop I bid on on ebay. Same laptop in everyway except I believe his has the windows key on the other side (so I assume newer EC and BIOS version) and just different custom options that I want (hence why I bid on his laptop). I will probably swap a few of my components in his and sell my current one. But I'm highly tempted to try the BIOS mod on that platform for the overclocking. I've never overclocked. Don't know much about it at all, but figure that's the only way I'll learn. Plus I plan to have a lot beefier hardware in it so it'd be nice to play with.

4. Marecki_clf

Marecki_clf Homo laptopicus

Reputations:
    According to some recent entries at Tech Inferno forum, GTX780M in EM/HM Clevos is a no go. :(

5. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    I still haven't had time to dive into it again. Every time RL got into the way, but the project is in no way abandoned... ;)

Marecki_clf likes this.
  6. LightningPL

LightningPL Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    and what about GTX 880M in EM/HM ? same story or there is a chance?

EDIT: Ok already checked, unfortunately GTX 880M and GTX 870M are not working in HM series. It boot on but freeze on post BIOS screen.

7. Marecki_clf

Marecki_clf Homo laptopicus

Reputations:
    So there is still hope... May you find more time to delve into P1x0HM/EM GPU support, for the good of us all. ;)

Prema likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.