Prema BIOS questions

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by carbide, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's not published for free download. You can try reaching out to Prema himself, or tag him here. @Prema

2. Xenoide

Xenoide Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, I also found that it is not available for free. However I hope for a possible purchase option, which I would like to request. I hope to get in touch with Prema directly to discuss the details.

As I already own the laptop, the partner shop option is not feasible for me.

3. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Very unlikely. The whole reason Prema has shutdown his site was due to people stealing his work. It's not about money, otherwise he would have put it up for sale. Unless you are a person who is known to him that he can trust, It's unlikely you'll recieve it from him.

You probably need to contact other people who can unlock the BIOS for you instead.

geko95gek and jaybee83 like this.
  4. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    It is kept under lock and key after some stuff went down, but I don't want to speak for him on case-by-case bases. It won't hurt to ask (unless you ask REALLY REALLY hard...).

5. Xenoide

Xenoide Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes I see the point and I definetely value the hard work of people who put a lot of effort into their work and obviously do not want it to get stolen or abused. I fully agree on that. Anyways, I will try to get in contact with him. Maybe we could work out some sort of NDA or license contract for his mod which would give him some assurance, so everyone could be happy eventually.

regarding other unlocked BIOSes, I already found one from BAKED, however it lacks some quality control and the unlocked interface has several bugs and issues. From what I could read, the Prema mods are by far more mature.

6. Lightning_-

Lightning_- Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is there a readme file (as in use guide) for prema bios?

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    There is one packaged with it usually.

Papusan likes this.
  8. gunfighterAK

gunfighterAK Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

@Prema Thank you for all your hard work, would it maybe be possible for you send me your latest p150sm-a (4810mq+870m) bios?

Apparently for windows 10 to work without issues I need 1.05 bios but it is only sold by eurocom :/

9. Alfly

Alfly Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi.

As i know, it's impossible to get a prema bios without buying new laptop from Eurocom.
    But after bought laptop with prema bios from Eurocom, they won't provide prema bios updates.
    I asked them for (update my prema for the newer version) and they replied newer bios comes buying new laptop.
    Prema bios is nice because unlocked, but impossible to get the updates after.

10. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    I am sorry to hear that you bought from Eurocon, but they have been removed from the Prema Mod Partner Program in 2016 due to their lack of ethics and repeatedly breaking agreements.
    Though they have continued to use the Prema name to sell an "unlocked BIOS" for 100-200$, it has nothing to do with us, is no longer a "Prema Mod" and will never be again:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...c-clevo-p751tm1-g.826277/page-2#post-10862917

Last edited: May 7, 2019