Prema BIOS questions

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by droidmahn, Aug 30, 2016.

1. ajfoucault

ajfoucault Newbie

Reputations:
    I think you're both out of luck, as he does not give it out to individuals. Only to resellers. The thing is that these resellers' prices are sometimes outrageously more than just buying the Clevo barebones by themselves (upwards of US$500). So you're either stuck paying super elevated prices for a Clevo flashed with Prema BIOS, or you get a barebones Clevo at a reasonable price form a barebones reseller, but with the stock Clevo BIOS.

2. Kyle Bruniges

Kyle Bruniges Newbie

Reputations:
    He does give them out its just getting him to see the post I think. But I have been looking for ages I need my laptop for uni not been able to use it for months

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  3. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 what is quality control?

Reputations:
    barebones with prema = @Larry@LPC-Digital

4. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    There are also shops that aren't that much more expensive because of the Prema part but other services....

You want your seller to apply all the processes they do, unless you can.

Prema BIOS works best with a customized laptop.

5. Hollo321

Hollo321 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys i preordered p775tm1 and learned that wont be able to underclock/overclock with stock bios? Thinking i might need to underclock incase gets hot so would love the option do so and run 8700k at lower tdp/clocks. I sent prima pm week ago and no answer. Is it possible to buy/donate to get it? Or am i stuck with stock speeds/settings?

6. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    You didn't preorder from a partner shop? That would help a lot with keeping the temps down by using their delid and pro paste services...

7. Hollo321

Hollo321 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No, partner shop in my country was quite more expensive and couldnt have it shipped to me fast enough from them as going travelling soon. Does premo provide also to non partner buyers in need? If not through bios Is it maybe possible for me to underclock with it perhaps through some program within windows?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  8. ajfoucault

ajfoucault Newbie

Reputations:
  9. pvthudson

pvthudson Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm apparently really late to the party and have an OriginPC EON17-X (Clevo P770ZM) from a couple years back that has always felt a bit shackled in the BIOS settings department. I finally got time to do real research and was thrilled to see that it sounds like there might be a custom Prema BIOS available for it... then the more I read the more it sounded like nothing is available anymore. Every thread I follow ends with dead links or links to his site which simply asks for an email address. Sounds like someone screwed with his hard work and he was rightfully upset, but I'm hoping somewhere there is a repository of the old BIOS mods he made. I hate when people ask for help without doing basic searching, but I've spent the last day reading threads, going down virtual rabbit holes, and even (poorly) translating Chinese message board threads that came up in my search results, with no luck. Is there any chance someone has the modded Clevo P770ZM bios or a suggestion on where to find it? I guess if nothing else I can try to reach out directly on Twitter but I'm trying to avoid bugging the poor guy if the whole modding thing left a bad taste in his mouth.

Thanks for any help.

10. StormFalcon

StormFalcon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just PM prema and ask nicely

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

pvthudson likes this.