Prema BIOS questions

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by droidmahn, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    I don't think he's forgotten about you: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...0tm-p775tm-p751tm.809578/page-3#post-10613441 :vbsmile:

Prema likes this.
  2. giostark

giostark Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  3. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Just got back to base, trying to play catch-up now, as usual please be a little extra patient with me. :oops:

temp00876, Legion343, Georgel and 3 others like this.
  4. Georgel

Georgel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Thank you for being there for us, Prema! :D

martin darlington likes this.
  5. Margarida Garcia

Margarida Garcia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello Prema,

Please help me!!

I have a Clevo P770ZM since January 2015. When I bought it, the seller, Clevo Center from Porto in Portugal, told me that the laptop could run an M.2 SDD for the system, but I opted for the regular SSD because of the high price them of the M.2 SSD modules. But I always had in mind the upgrade.

Last June, I finally bought an Samsung SSD M.2 2280 Samsung 960 Evo 250GB TLC V-NAND NVMe, but after struggling for hours trying to make the BIOS to recognize the dam thing, I run into a post in this forum by saturnotaku dated from July 2016 that confirmed that it was possible but I needed a new BIOS by Prema.

I remembered then that the seller, Clevo Center, did had an upgrade BIOS item in the website so I contacted them to request assistance to do the upgrade of the BIOS and, by the way, request an RAM upgrade and an a full maintenance.

The first answer from the seller, via chat (you can’t contact them by phone) was that this computer didn’t recognize this M.2 module (note that they sell this exact module on their shop!!), and when I confronted them with the information they gave me 2 years ago and the information on your forum, they told me that they were goanna contact the BIOS programmer (I’m guessing PREMA?!?), to get the BIOS version for my laptop, and them contact me to proceed to the upgrade.

I didn’t got any news after, and I’ve tried to contact them 3 more times and they simply don’t respond.

I’ve tried to find the BIOS from you to upgrade the bios myself, but, nowadays its practically impossible.

Could you please tell me where to find the BIOS or send me??

I just want to use the M.2 as the system disk, I'm a video editor, so I'm not interested in modding the laptop for gaming, but gaming laptops are great workstations for video!!!

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Margarida

6. Georgel

Reputations:
    You need to sort things out with Clevo Portugal. They are supposed to be @Prema partners, so they will be able to help you, if there is a BIOS mod for P770ZM

7. Margarida Garcia

Margarida Garcia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello Georgel,

Easy to say... I've been triyng that for the last 3 months with no luck!!
    There are lots of complains about the after sales assitence of the Clevo Center on several sites.
    Thats why I'm asking here for some help.

Thanks,

Margarida

8. jferguson1980

jferguson1980 Newbie

Reputations:
    I am looking for your V2 Prema BIOS Mod for a CLEVO P17SM

Any help would be appreciated.

9. Georgel

Reputations:
    @Prema @Mr. Fox @Papusan Any chance of someone knowing what is going on with portugal? I haven't worked with them, so I've no idea what better advice to give.

10. Georgel

Reputations:
    @Prema I wanted to ask you, your quote, the one you have in the signature. It is okay, if I share it, while giving you credit, no? :D

In the audiophile parts of the world, there are a few people who kinda need it :oops:

Mr. Fox likes this.