Prema BIOS questions

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by droidmahn, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    or you can use DDU and hit the pretty button that says "Disable Driver Updates Over Windows Update"

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    That reverts to default state once DDU has completely drivers uninstallation!
    Wagnard said many people complained that drivers weren't auto updated by MSFT :D

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    That could be a driver issue if you are using BIOS defaults. If your CPU voltage is too low, or you are using manual RAM timings that are not correct, it will cause that and other BSODs. Since you applied different firmware, any custom settings that we're previously stable may need some adjustments to regain that stability. If you are undervolting or overclocking, stop doing so and see if the BSOD problem goes away. If it does, don't waste any time with drivers. Burn those calories on tuning instead.

Also, for troubleshooting purposes, stop using USB-C video output and see if that stops the BSOD problems if removing custom voltage, overclock or RAM settings does not resolve it.

There. I fixed that for you. Smart people do not allow the Redmond Retards to automatically update drivers, especially on systems that are functioning correctly. Great way to totally screw up something that isn't broken.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Vasudev, steberg and Chastity like this.
  4. Lexey Jones

Lexey Jones Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks, I actually got another BSOD since then and saw the culprit as SynTP.sys. Looks like synaptic touchpad driver.
    I've uninstalled it today, will see how it goes. I never use the touchpad anyway.
    And I've switched back to rear video ports long time ago anyway, so not using USB-c for video.

With regards to overclocking and undervolting, as far as I know, the stock BIOS doesn't show these settings hence I have not considered overclocking without a Prema BIOS (which I don't think I can get).