Prema BIOS questions

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by droidmahn, Aug 30, 2016.

1. zsolti900

zsolti900 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    HI Everybody! I have ASUS ROG G751JY laptop, with GTX980m. I would like unlock the overclock, but i think is possible only with prema mod. Where i can find this vbios?
    My GTX980m BGA soldering, so i can't change.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    No such thing exists.

3. DoZe

DoZe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  4. ZamirKM

ZamirKM Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, and to whom to contact for obtaining prema bios? I will be very grateful for the answer.

5. Jon Webb

Jon Webb Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You'll need to contact and purchase a laptop from an @Prema partner shop. Here's a list of Prema Partner shops.
    • EVOC or HID-USA
    • LPC Digital-USA
    • Xotic PC-USA (ask because you need to make sure you purchase the correct one)
    • Clevo Center-Spain (I think)
    • DM Dream Machines-Poland
    • Avell-Brazil
    • Azom-India
    • MetaBox-Australia
    There used to be more partner shops but they didn't work out. I owned a P870TMx, got it from (company will remain unnamed) it had a so called unlocked Bios, it was absolute junk. I got rid of it and got an 870TMx with the Prema bios. HUGE difference, trust me, not all firmware is the same, I'm using the same CPU and the scores are not even close. If you're getting a DTR and want to have control get the Prema Bios.

ole!!!, Papusan, ZamirKM and 2 others like this.
  6. ZamirKM

Reputations:
    Thank you for your detailed reply. Unfortunately I have a laptop from the company Sager, do you think I can put Prema bios for P670RS-G?

7. ZamirKM

Reputations:
    Hello, I apologize for the trouble, I'm a new user on the forum, how can I contact you, I have questions regarding Prema Bios, tired of suffering with my P670RS-G from Sager.

8. Donald@HIDevolution

Donald@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    The Custom Prema BIOS is not available for your Sager P670RS-G. Sager is not a @Prema partner system builder.

Vistar Shook and ZamirKM like this.
  9. ZamirKM

Reputations:
    There are similar models of the P670RS from other partners, the main manufacturer of Clevo and hardware similar to the partners, am I wrong? Is it possible to install Prema mod for Xotic PC-USA base model Clevo P670RS-G? I apologize for the bad english. I will very much wait for an answer. Thank you.

10. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I think you misunderstand. Prema based BIOS are not available in the public space, but are only installed by Prema Partners. Normally, unless Prema intervenes and sends you the files, there's no place to even download the BIOS. The agreement is that the partners will remotely flash the BIOS, so the BIOS files are not in the public domain.

Hopefully, you can follow what happened here - http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/prema-bios-questions.795536/#post-10330926, and that you understand you can only get a Clevo based laptop with a Prema BIOS from a reseller which is also a Prema based partner.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Vistar Shook and ZamirKM like this.