Prema BIOS questions

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by droidmahn, Aug 30, 2016.

1. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Check with your Clevo (or Sager) related reseller. If they're a Prema partner, they should be able to answer your questions... And hopefully update if one exists for your model. See the map for known Prema Mod Partners - https://premamod.com/partner/

If you're reseller is not a Prema Partner, you most likely won't find a Prema based BIOS. If that is the case, investigate Intel XTU or ThrottleStop ( http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/the-throttlestop-guide.531329/ ) for alternatives to controlling your machine in Windows.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Vasudev likes this.
  2. UranusCEO

UranusCEO Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am a customer of Metabox but here show they are a Prema Partner. But when i ask them for the Bios, they know nothing.

So i doubt it.

3. UranusCEO

UranusCEO Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Checkout my post . I have a P750ZM as well;)

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Don't forget the beer money in the jar either.

Vasudev likes this.
  5. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Could you tell me if the PA71ES has the same firmware throttle as the P955? Or is the unlocking just for say the 8950HK unit?

raz8020 and Vasudev like this.
  6. djsubtronic

djsubtronic Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Awesome, does that mean possibility of unlocked vBIOS for P950HR in the future?

7. Gimmy

Gimmy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Prema,

I am not sure how to PM you, I am end user who purchased Batman p750zm back in 2015, and looking for BIOS v2, just recently got Samsung evo 970 pro nvme pcie and struggling with it. I really appreciate your help, and if I can please get BIOS for the same. Thank you very much for all the great work. :)

MB Series: P750ZM
    BIOS Revision: 1.03.06aRLS1
    KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.03.03

Regards,
    Gimmy

8. Gimmy

Gimmy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys,

I joined the discussion when Batman (Sager NP9752) was about to arrive, back in Jan 2015. Few days back I decided to upgrade storage with Samsung evo 970 m.2 nvme pcie. Cloned old SSD to 970 successfully. However 970 m.2 is not showing in the bios. I am seeing couple of the posts where users were helped by Prema (Prema Bios). I really need some help if there is any way around, or I can get Prema Bios for the same from him.

Prema, if you are seeing this post please help me. Thank you for all your efforts and good work.

I reached out to Sager, but yet waiting for response.

9. Ciellia

Ciellia Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Ok, since I couldn't seem to send a PM (what constitute as a Good Post anyway :<), I think I might just give a shot in this thread.

@Prema

Sorry to bother you, but I've been searching all around the web and it appears that you could be my best, last hope atm :<

So I currently have a Clevo P650rs (6700hq+1070) that will go blackscreen whenever a stress kicks in (gaming, etc.) Diagnostic from my reseller says it's due to failed GTX1070, yet the system is out of warranty, and I cannot afford a new system atm, after some tweaking I realized that using MSI afterburner to underclock the GPU memory by -500mhz and clock speed by -250mhz can somehow mitigate this issues, although the system would still go blackscreen after booting (reboot 2-3 times cause Windows to boot normally) or sudden stress on GPU right after the aforementioned successful booting.

Therefore I am hoping to find a way to underclock my GPU even further, as MSI afterburner only seems to kick in after entering windows and can only achieve a max underclock of -500mhz. I heard that Premamod which you are working on have the ability to do so directly through the unlocked bios, however your website permamod.com appears to be down, hence this requesting for help.

Thanks!

Sincerely

10. Heclo

Heclo Newbie

Reputations:
    @Prema I was wondering if you ever completed your project for the old HM series?

I recently got a P180HM handed down and one one of the GTX560 cards is dead so I was looking into getting a GTX970M, until I found out what a headache it is to get it done.

Best regards

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018