Prema BIOS questions

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by carbide, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    No can do. it's the vBios on the 1060 that limits the power not the actual Bios itself. you'll notice that you get power limt when doing benchmarks.

You can only fix this by doing a vBios flash with higher TDP which requires a hard programmer, such as the CH34A1 etc.

2. D4RK

D4RK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ya i read about the hardware flashing and not going to do it.
    the weird thing with the gpu is it goes to higher clock on 60% or lower gpu usage and dropes by about 200 mhz when gpu usage hit 100% as u can see here
    [​IMG]

3. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Well yea that makes sense doesn't it?

It's limted by the amount of power it's getting/limiting itself to do. So if you don't need as many cuda cores etc. it can run at higher clocks, since the power consumption isn't that high, but the moment its using more cores etc. the frequency will drop, since the other compontens will use more power, letting them run at a lower speed due to the power limit.

You'll notice when opening afterburner witrh power limit enabled, youll see that everytime you start something with high power consumption, such as firestrikew that your core clocks will fall down and power limit will flash on.

4. D4RK

D4RK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    ya i do know what is going on and ya it makes since, i just though laptop bios is the thing limiting it and not the vbios. thats why i wanted it so i can increase the power a bit since the laptop can handle it.

5. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Welp, have to dissapoint you, there is nothing you can do except for buying a programmer.

6. D4RK

D4RK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    the price of programmer is cheap as i saw, but dont want to risk bricking the card sadly.

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Actually it's pretty hard to brick the card with the proper programmer because you can directly program the chip again. So if you take a backup first then you are set.

8. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    You don't Prema Contacts you :p

bennyg, martin darlington and joluke like this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Most settings will match desktop boards so general guides should apply.

10. weav

weav Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    @Prema

Not sure you have done anything past what I have posted below from another forum section for the P650SG but if you have let me know and will donate. Hope you are well!

Hi all,

Wanting to update to the lastest and greatest for my trusty P650SG. Would like to have Prema's but seems a challenge to find. I have P6xxSG_37_39_PM_v2 for BIOS and vBIOS. I haven't flashed from Sager's 1.03.03 but now past warranty and trying to get more life from my laptop. Tried to contact Prema direct but seems a bit beyond my abilities or my understanding as premamod.com gets me no where. Prema.. if you see this.. willing to donate. Trying to get to 1.05.01 for bios and vbios with your mods. Please get with me if you can.

Thanks