Prema BIOS questions

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by droidmahn, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Nabucco

Nabucco Newbie

Reputations:
    A final question, it you don't mind.
    Basically, it's a "bug or feature" dilemma. My videocard's clock is now set @ 540 MHz (frequency indicated by Aida64, Nvidia inspector and Afterburner and GPU-Z and NV control panel the last time I managed to access it), which is half the regular frequency. So, the question is if that's intended, as a feature of Prema mod (tm), so it's set at a very low frequency until I overclock it with NV Inspector or MSI afterburner, or that's a bug of my vBIOS/driver installation.
    Additionally, Vidia control panel is now inaccessible. I don't mind that, and PoE runs perfectly @ 540 MHz, and besides my laptop is now cold as an arctic fish when I'm playing it, I just want to make sure that I installed everything properly.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  2. Prema

Prema Little BIOS Mod

Reputations:
    Update Intel GPU and then NVIDIA driver and make sure the AC Adapter is connected.

3. Nabucco

Nabucco Newbie

Reputations:
    All updated and connected, the laptop's battery is now removed. Should I install the vBIOS/EC afresh?

4. Prema

Prema Little BIOS Mod

Reputations:
    Nope, it's a driver thingy. Connect the battery and make sure the control panel to whatever software or game you have there to use the dGPU (NVIDIA) or it simply won't switch.
    If you don't have access to NVIDIA control panel then get rid of the old driver by using DDU and make a clean driver installation.

5. Nabucco

Nabucco Newbie

Reputations:
    Will do, cheers. I'm using Geforce Experience to get the drivers. And sometimes NVidia control panel is there (usually on PC startup), sometimes it's not.
    I'll update you on the outcomes in either case.

6. Nabucco

Nabucco Newbie

Reputations:
    UPD: so, I did a full uninstall of NVidia and Intel drivers using DDU + Safe mode, then installed the Intel Driver, restarted, installed the NVidia driver (clean install), that did not help, the core speed is still stuck @ 540+ MHz, at that NVidia control panel no longer disappears.
    Anything else I should try? When I googled for 860m stuck at 540 MHz there were some suggestions that might be caused by incorrect power supply for the videocard.

PS: I'm not sure what else to check. Is this expected behavior? Could it be that the 860m is in fact really clocked at 540 originally MHz and then just constantly overclocked to 800 or 1029? So I just need to set the required core clock {somewhere}? Officially, the card is 1029+Boost MHz, so perhaps the original vBIOS just set it to that value as the default one?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  7. Pfdd

Pfdd Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I have a Clevo model W355SSQ and I want to put the amazing prema bios to make things interesting. I only found on the website of prema the W355SS. My question is will it work the W355SS bios on W355SSQ? The motherboard is the same? Thanks in advance.

8. Prema

Prema Little BIOS Mod

Reputations:
    Same model...ENJOY! :)

Mr. Fox and Pfdd like this.
  9. Pfdd

Pfdd Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks Prema :D:D

Prema likes this.
  10. Pfdd

Pfdd Newbie