Prema BIOS questions

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by carbide, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Lynx2017

Lynx2017 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    fair enough man. I believe that too, but I also can't afford expensive and healthy fruit smoothies as often as I would like. so imo you take what you can get in life, and then you put the rest in savings so you can indeed live a quality and healthy long term life. but I do respect your decision and perhaps you already make enough money to achieve that therefore making your answer more truthful than what I was arguing to begin with. cheers mate.

Mr. Fox and Prema like this.
  2. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    I agree that healthy food has become a luxury in many parts of the world these days, but at least it's made somewhat accessible.
    Sadly things like fruit smoothies aren't even thing here, we have to juice ourselve and since organic farming isn't a thing here either there will be pesticides in everything no matter what. I guess the focus here is more on keeping the mind and soul healthy rather than extending life as much as possible.

"The East taught me that there is a life after death, the West that there is one before" - Prema :)

3. DreDre

DreDre Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is EUROCOM no longer a PREMA partner? I noticed they are charging $125 for an unlocked BIOS. I just assumed it was from YOU. I like others appreciate all of your hard work with continuing to work on these Clevo notebooks.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  4. Hollo321

Hollo321 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If it is not prema bios than what is it? A custom eurocom bios similar to premas?

5. Prema

Reputations:

DreDre and Donald@HIDevolution like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Undefiled BGA-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    It seems they have chosen to take a different path.
    Having hidden menus exposed is better than nothing. Hiding menus is a pretty chickenpoop approach from all of the notebook OEMs and they all deserve to be severely punished for it. There are ways of modding to expose hidden menus to improve a castrated piece of trash, and then there are truly unlocked BIOSes where everything works and all of the hidden problems and latent defects are fixed. @Prema provides a product that delivers.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  7. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    Indeed. @Prema firmware mods are a blessing and a gift that none are entitled to. People that don't want crippled crap should not buy it with the expectation that Prema is going to fix it for them if they buy it from a vendor that is not a PremaMod partner. That approach is foolish and specious.

For the record, there is not any model of laptop that I am interested in owning without a Prema BIOS. No, not one. I won't spend money on broken garbage that I can only hope gets fixed someday. Here is where there is value and intelligence in buying from a Prema Partner Shop. It is unfortunate for those that have no capability of doing so. Some that claim they cannot have not explored all the options available to them, and some are just cheapskates or don't want the extra hassle and expense involved based on where they live. That's not Prema's problem. People that can easily buy from a Prema Partner Shop need to think carefully about the matter and get their priorities straight.

Whining and complaining about not being able to get it in a forum just makes them look like spoiled children, and actually decreases the likelihood that they will ever receive it as special unmerited gift someday.

Ultimate blame rests on ALL of the manufacturers for selling broken trashbooks. LGA and MXM will do nothing to fix cancerous firmware. End of story. Right @Papusan?

8. Scopus

Scopus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How do i mod bios to expose hidden menus? I am stuck with stock bios

Vasudev and Mr. Fox like this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Reputations:
    I do not know how. I wish I did. It would be awesome to know how. But, there is another problem for most. No way to flash it after modding since now all of the scumbag loser OEMs have firmware protection in place. You would need to use a programmer to take a dump from the BIOS chip, tweak that file, then use the programmer to put it back. You would need a way to sign the modded BIOS or circumvent the signature-enforced write protection cancer to flash it using conventional means.

I would also love to know how to permanently remove the signature enforcement. I have no use for that trash, and I would arbitrarily remove it from everything I own if I knew how.

10. Prema

Reputations:
    Don't be fooled, there is no performance gained by simply having more options. Those days are long gone.
    Just using Throttlestop, XTU or even CCC OC app will yield the same results.

Edit: Just to bring it into perspective. It took me litteraly 3 months and hundreds of bricks to remove the throttle from the P870KM1. And I have modded a BIOS or two before...