Prema BIOS questions

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by droidmahn, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Ogg

Ogg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hehehehe...

The regret and envy in this thread is THICK.

2. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Come on. As Kendrick Lamar would say, be humble.

3. Netherscourge

Netherscourge Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You should be complaining to Clevo, not Prema.

They're the ones selling $2000 laptops with a locked BIOS and no support.

Prema does this on his own time as a hobby. The fact that he does this at all is a blessing.

I'm glad he makes some money off it through partnerships with resellers. It encourages him to keep doing it for us.

4. jsstp24n5

jsstp24n5 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I purchased from an official U.S. Prema partner (HIDevolution) a newer model laptop (PA71HS-G) that I don't believe Prema has made a BIOS for (yet). Is there an list somewhere that's updated when Prema releases a new BIOS or is the policy to just keep contacting/emailing the reseller?

5. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Money isn't everyone's motivation. Having a little of something that is real and good is a lot more satisfying than having a lot of something that isn't.

Eurocom isn't using PremaMod. I also have nothing to do with those 125$ that they are charging for that 'unlocked BIOS'.

Once ready they contact you and remote flash your system, nothing you need to do.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Papusan, Mr. Fox, DreDre and 4 others like this.
  6. Lynx2017

Lynx2017 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    fair enough man. I believe that too, but I also can't afford expensive and healthy fruit smoothies as often as I would like. so imo you take what you can get in life, and then you put the rest in savings so you can indeed live a quality and healthy long term life. but I do respect your decision and perhaps you already make enough money to achieve that therefore making your answer more truthful than what I was arguing to begin with. cheers mate.

Mr. Fox and Prema like this.
  7. Prema

Reputations:
    I agree that healthy food has become a luxury in many parts of the world these days, but at least it's made somewhat accessible.
    Sadly things like fruit smoothies aren't even thing here, we have to juice ourselve and since organic farming isn't a thing here either there will be pesticides in everything no matter what. I guess the focus here is more on keeping the mind and soul healthy rather than extending life as much as possible.

"The East taught me that there is a life after death, the West that there is one before" - Prema :)

8. DreDre

DreDre Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is EUROCOM no longer a PREMA partner? I noticed they are charging $125 for an unlocked BIOS. I just assumed it was from YOU. I like others appreciate all of your hard work with continuing to work on these Clevo notebooks.

Mr. Fox likes this.
  9. Hollo321

Hollo321 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    If it is not prema bios than what is it? A custom eurocom bios similar to premas?

10. Prema

Reputations:

DreDre and Donald@HIDevolution like this.