PREMA BIOS MOD Review

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by HTWingNut, Jun 1, 2012.

1. jas

jas Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @Prema, Update in regards to my Linux reboot issue, after updating to the most recent Linux kernel, (4.12, from 4.11.x), my system now reboots correctly from Linux. I'm not sure what in the Linux kernel could have caused the behavior, but I no longer need to try and downgrade my BIOS, as this appears to have been Linux kernel related. (Apologies for the initial misdirected ping..)

Thanks for your responses here, as well as your work in producing the BIOS for my system.

Prema likes this.
  2. iswarrior

iswarrior Newbie

Reputations:
    @Prema can I apply this mod on my Dell XPS 15 9530 ? . It is stucked at 80 Temp Limit, and throttle Core clock when exceeded this limit.

3. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    @iswarrior nope, sorry!

One of the reasons to take the blog down was that I have to make sure Clevo knows the difference between premamod and things that are being posted around the web, which have caused a recent spike in bricked systems being returned to them. To do that I have to change each and every single one of my files and remove the links that can mistakenly associate me with such places.

Anyone interested in 'what's next' for premamod and wants to stay posted please just click my signature! ;)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  4. MackP170em

MackP170em Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Prema,

Having great difficulty in trying to contact you - don't seem to be able to Message or leave a post on your profile -
    Firstly - let me say, I've been using your BIOS a long while - Thank you very much It's really appreciated.
    I own a P170EM, and recently the GFX (HD7970M) died, and thus I've been looking to replace it - I was thinking about the GTX 980M - but am having difficulty with the partner shops in shipping to me eg,eurocom quoted me $100 just for shipping. I've managed to source one from LaptopParts4Less - which I thought was a partner shop according to a post you had done with the partners in, but on asking they can't/don't supply the GTX980M with the premamod vBios, just the stock.
    I was wondering if you would be able to assist ?
    Thanks for your time
    Mack

5. Prema

Reputations:
    When purchasing the GPU from LaptopParts4Less they will provide you with a special system BIOS which gives the card Plug'n'Play driver support among other things. Did you receive that?

As for the vBIOS you can drop me a PM (since you have 5 posts the forum will let you do that now) with your GPUs HWID and I'll take a look...but it's only for additional performance and not required for the upgrade.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Jon Webb likes this.
  6. MackP170em

MackP170em Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for getting back to me so promptly :)

I haven't purchased the card yet, as I've been too nervous about spending that much to end up with something I can't use - I wanted to ensure that everything was in place first (sorry to hear about the issues you've had btw - really uncalled for and very uncool from the individual involved).
    I'll check back with LaptopParts4Less that they can supply the System Bios and if so, I'll go ahead with the purchase - otherwise looks like it's just going to be the HD8970M lol
    Once I've got the card, I'll message you and any help would be much appreciated.
    I'll let you know how I get on with the system BIOS.

Again - thanks so much for all the effort you have put into helping people out - It really is appreciated.

Jon Webb and Prema like this.
  7. MackP170em

MackP170em Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Prema,

Sorry to take up your time (I can't PM yet as my account here is too new on here it would seem - so I'm stuck in forum posts)

Just had an email back from LaptopParts4Less as follows :-

Unless you can find it in your heart to assist, I guess I'm up a creek paddleless and stuck to buying the older card.
    Thanks for your time

8. Prema

Reputations:
    Their BIOS also works Plug'n'Play for P170EM and 980M-G GPUs. You can PM me for the vBIOS once you have the GPU. ;)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Papusan, Jon Webb and MackP170em like this.
  9. edney helene

edney helene Notebook Geek

Reputations:

Allright my friend, just subscribed! ill be waiting thanks alot

10. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    @Prema if you still have your BIOS' laying around.

I was interested in getting a custom BIOS for the W650SR my little brother owns.

Either way, hopefully, you figure out a place for your BIOS life :)

edit: thanks in advance, for all the help you've provided throughout your time!