PREMA BIOS MOD Review

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by HTWingNut, Jun 1, 2012.

1. jas

jas Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    In my case, I understand the issues caused when changing between UEFI and Legacy boot modes. This is definitely not the case with my setup. I have all of the BIOS settings that HIDevolution uses when initially setting up this laptop printed out, because with the V2 BIOS upgrade, I had to configure the BIOS myself after their tech support completed the update.

@Prema, is it possible to downgrade the BIOS in this system from V2 to V1? And if so, can you provide me with the V1 version? (Or failing that, can you provide it to HIDevolution's tech support, and then they can provide it to me?) I'd like to eliminate the BIOS update as a possible issue here, before I need to wipe the drives and completely reinstall both OSes.

Thanks..

2. edney helene

edney helene Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    @Prema Hello friend, i do own Avell B155 Titanium max ( Clevo w650sj) With 4810mq, 8gb ram and gtx 850m, Intel HM86.

And also why there is Raid option on mod if i cant set raid with this motherboard model? is there anyway to make intel rst ssd cache work with an bios mod for this model? When i do set raid instead of ahci the bios wont see my disks and there is no raid configuration for it to create raid, only " turn on raid0..etcetc"

I have updated the mei firmware to the latest that is v9.1.37.1002.
    Can you please update the premamod for this model? i would like to be able to fan control and this option is not avaliable on your v1 bios, also i would like to thank you for your work and i noticed that the website is now private, will it be offline? is there any news that i still dont know? thank you so much

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I would not expect a response at the moment given his name event post. Unlocked bios tiles can expose options that may not be relevant on your chipset.

4. edney helene

Reputations:
    No problem i do enjoy these bios and i know the riscs. I dont like default bios. Premamod is gold! Thanks.

5. edney helene

Reputations:
    Wich name event post are you talking about friend? sorry i dont get it hehe has anything happened?

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    He said goodbye for now at least.

7. edney helene

Reputations:
    OH thats sad, so thats the reason his website is offline? =( so i will never be able to download his bios again? =(

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    That I can't answer, sorry. It would be up to him.

edney helene likes this.
  9. edney helene

Reputations:
    Hum got it, can u please give me this link of his post ? i would like to check it out ..oh man thats sad, i was looking to download the prema mod v1 for my model and his site is offline..lol

10. edney helene

Reputations:
    Dont mind i already saw it..=(