Prema Bios Mod for P771ZM

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by LogantheHamster, Jun 18, 2018.

1. LogantheHamster

LogantheHamster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello guys,

I recently discovered this forum while I was on the search for Prema's Bios Mod, simply because I am unable to download it via his site and in the Tech Inferno forum. So far I found some really interesting topics which I am reading as I write this one here. So don't worry, I will surely become a part of this forum's community.

Stopping with the smalltalk now, I lately bought a Samsung 970 Evo (500GB) for my XMG u705 (which is a Clevo P771ZM), installed it as it should be done, pluged a bootable USB-Stick with Windows 10 ISO on it into it, installed Windows 10 as I wanted to. When it restarted it immediately booted from the USB stick again so I took a look into the (horrible) Bios, just to see that it deosn't even detect the NVME SSD ...
    Furthermore I am in need of the Bios Mod, because I have an i7 4790k, 32GB RAM and a 980M installed, so throttling is quite a thing, especially when I render something on it or play a demanding game.

In short my request is it, to please get access to the latest Bios Mod, including security updates, for this device.

Furthermore I read somewhere about a VBios Mod for the GTX 980M 8GB, what exactly does it do, what are it's pros and cons?

Greetings,
    Logan

2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The vBios for the GTX 980M usually provides you with more power for your card so it can go far and beyond. I don't know if Prema gives his BIOS out to people he doesn't know, since there are people who stole his work and presented it as theirs (if i got this right).

3. LogantheHamster

Reputations:
    Thanks for telling me what the V-Bios does, sounds quite to be a must have, but when installed you do can instal the latest Nvidia drivers as usualy without having any problems?
    This explains why they are nowhere to found anymore, really such a**h***s :mad:... well it is the internet, offering something for free, without a ton of proof of who made it, results in getting it stolen. :(
    Still I hope that I will get it, because I just want to use my 970 Evo afterall. :)

4. LogantheHamster

Reputations:
    Btw consider your meme to be stolen, printed as a sticker and put onto my laptop. :p:D

5. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Sadly the meme is a thing. Some people here overclock their LGA CPUs to redicolous clockspeeds while claiming it runs like a desktop completely ignoring the fact that its throttling and dying.

Depends on model etc. in your case it would still allow you to install drivers normally since your machine natively supports maxwell.

I'm not sure if other manufacturers here have EC that fixes the issue and fixes the NVME compatibility. You can maybe ask @Eurocom Support

6. LogantheHamster

Reputations:
    Some people want to see the world (or rather their Laptop) burn!
    Why? For the glory of Satan of course. :D

Thanks for the clarification, thats a relief.

Well maybe, I'll look around and ?who knows, maybe I am lucky an Prema will give me his mod. ^^
    Btw what do you mean with "EC"?

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Then again others like me are running 4.95Ghz at a decent undervolt all day long....

8. LogantheHamster

Reputations:
    ^^ Mind share your CPU settings?

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Dynamic voltage -85mv offset at 103x48 with a 133 multi ram multiplier of 11 giving just over 3000mhz ram clocks.

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    For the same price a pair of SATA drives in raid 0 is going to be pretty peppy.