Prema Bios for Clevo P750 DM undervolting questions

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Kwok Yink Woon, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kwok Yink Woon

Kwok Yink Woon Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Prema,

My Laptop provider "Azom" recently tied up with you for the bios. i now have your bios updated into my laptop. Before your bios i used to use intel XTU to undervolt my cpu.

After your bios i have undervolted by -145mW. but i still notice that the temps under load are quite high. infact its higher than when i was using Intel XTU.

I am New to all these things so can you kindly provide me the info on what things to change to do a proper undervolt of my cpu without effecting the stock clock speeds. Just want to know the settings i need to fiddle with. If anyone has experience with Prema's bios regarding undervolting this CPU, please feel free to share your settings with me. thanks.

The CPU that came with my clevo is i7 6700k.

Thanks in advance.

2. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Typically, you undervolt until you find a balance between stability and temps. There's no magic number.

What are your temps, exactly?

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    What was your old load voltage vs your new load voltage? Adaptive figures do not tell the whole story :)

Look at the readings under load, you may find them higher than they used to be so change the current figure accordingly.

4. Kwok Yink Woon

Kwok Yink Woon Newbie

Reputations:
    Well under XTU undervolting of -145 the temp hardly exceeded 80C. and even if it did it did so in a slow increase. Since Prema bios flash and even with undervolting of -160 the cpu ramps up very quickly to 77C + and then drops down equally fast. Basically what i wanted to know were what are the settings i need to play around to maintain stock speeds while undervolting so as to get lower temps. i dont mean the values that i need to put in. i just meant what settings like there is something labled "Ring" in the OC menu in bios and i dont know what all that means. do i disable RSR or not and so on.

Thank you guys for your quick response.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Sounds like the base voltage is different now so you are offsetting from a different value.

6. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Before you got the premamod, the CPU Turbo was throttled/disabled whenever the GPU was used at the same time. So now for the first time it's running to its full potential rather than being underutilized. Temps under 90c are not a problem at all for these chips.
    Also once the chip gets really too hot it'll reduce clocks on it's own, so there is nothing to do or worry about, everything is as desired. ENOY! :)

Papusan and mijniemeh like this.
  7. Kwok Yink Woon

Kwok Yink Woon Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi Prema, sorry didnt get back to the thread as i was travelling. i used the following video to undervolt my cpu. however in this video the guy sets his clock speed of cpu at max for all cores. how can i just under volt to make my cpu run at normal stock speed and turbo normally to 4.2 for the i7 6700k when it is undervolted. shoud i leave "max core OC ratio" to 0? same for the other CPU settings?

video link :

8. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    Yes, simply leave everything CPU related at default and just set CPU voltage offset to minus (negative) and 100mV.

9. Sundhar

Sundhar Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I use Azom Laptop, It Powers automatically when i connect the adapter or re-insert the battery. My power button is not working. Kindly help

Thanks in advance

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Talk to your reseller to get it investigated, power button issues are usually hardware related with the switch itself.

Prema likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.