Precision M6400 Owner's Lounge *Part 2*

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by BatBoy, Oct 14, 2009.

1. DynamiteZerg

DynamiteZerg Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I don't think the M6400 was advanced enough to support that type of function. Having said that, no one ever tried that from what I can recall. You might be the first person to attempt it. Good luck!

The "mPCie" connector is not wired up in your usual standard fashion. It was made to accommodate a propriety Intel memory that never took off. I have one of these 4GB thingy that's useless in Win10 and sits around looking pretty in my drawers now.

The memory controller for the Core2Duo generation is not easy to work with. Having said that, u can give it a good at overclocking.

2. remdale

remdale Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm not talking about an mSata connector. I mean a casual mPCIe connector. In my case I tried to attach an SSD with an onboard SATA controller, so that it should be fine to connect it to mPCIe lines. But even if it works out, I wouldn't be able to boot from it because there's no such option in BIOS.
    So I have another idea. I bought a PC CARD<->CF adapter, so that I will be able to boot from a compact flash if possible. Once I try to do that, I will let everybody know here.

3. remdale

remdale Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Does anybody have a pinout LCD connector on the video card?

4. remdale

remdale Notebook Guru

Reputations: