Precision 7720 Owner's Thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by BillDownTheStreet, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Lelepanz

Lelepanz Newbie

Reputations:
    Goodmorning from Italy.
    I received my first refurbished dell precision 7720 from Uk.
    i7-6820HQ
    32 Gb memory
    Nvidia Quadro P4000
    512 SSD

Seams to be everything Ok. I'll check tomorrow with solidworks.
    maybe I have a problem with the little stick (It doesn't work).

2. iieeann

iieeann Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Finally figured out how to get G-Sync out from TB16. Both the DisplayPorts from TB16 will NOT output G-Sync, not sure why. Read from somewhere about USB-C to DP connection, and i get 1 cable to try out, and indeed G-Sync monitor is detected. Why on earth not working directly from the TB16 DP port is unknown.

The good part is i finally get G-Sync to work. However the bad part is... I also need the only Thunderbolt/USB-C port for my network card, so i have to choose either one, which in this case I have to choose the network card. At the end i still cannot use the G-Sync function :(. Even the new TB18DC with dual Thunderbolt3 inputs only has single miserable pathetic Thunderbolt3 output.

This is the cable i used to test on TB16.
    [​IMG]

3. Ravenik

Ravenik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, I couldn't find a contact to Dell to ask about hinges durability. I want to know how many cycles (lid open/lid close) would hinges withstand approximately? I open/close lid about 10 times a day. If need, I might restrict myself. Dell Precision 7720. I found somewhere on the web that some Lenovo Thinkpad was tested to withstand minimum 30 000 open/close cycles. I was unable to find corresponding information about Dell Precision 7720.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019