Precision 7530 & Precision 7730 owner's thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Aaron44126, Jun 27, 2018.

1. DerMarkus

DerMarkus Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ok so it seems that 'all' docks are affected and DELL has currently no HW or SW fix :(

2. SvenC

SvenC Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not sure if it is just by chance but at least the USB drop outs with the new Dock are far more seldom. After ~4 hours just one keyboard and one mouse error.

3. DerMarkus

DerMarkus Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Really strange. Currently I have no idea.

4. JohnnyMags

JohnnyMags Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    One was my maid, but yes, the stereotypes are accurate. Although I do think they could have put an 18" screen in there and killed the bezels a bit.

5. JohnnyMags

Reputations:
    I am actually using a 1TB 960 Pro and it is running well. I chose the 960 because it is almost as fast as the 970, but uses significantly less power. I am off the grid regularly, so I appreciate the extra battery life. I also happened to have one laying around...

6. JohnnyMags

Reputations:
    I just did a videoconference and everybody said my video was terrible. I opened the Camera app and it looks awful - terrible picture quality. Also, the speakers are seriously tinny as well, much worse than on my other laptops (worse than my phone, actually). Anybody else seeing/hearing this?

In other news, my new TB18 dock just showed up, time to see if it fixes the USB issues...

7. slimpower

slimpower Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Terrible and awful in what way? I just looked at mine and it is fine. If you have a 4K display remember that the video will only be 720p or something equivalent. I have the FHD display and my video looks fine, just don't turn on stabilisation as these seems to cause a lag.

8. chantzeleong

chantzeleong Newbie

Reputations:
    Is it true that the BIOS corruption is not part of the warranty? Even if it is caused by hardware issue with BIOS?

9. SvenC

SvenC Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Another BSOD in asmtxhci.sys. So I decided to uninstall "ASMedia USB Extended Host Controller Driver". I have A08 and found A07 in the TB16 downloads. Before I could give it a try I saw that a Microsoft driver of Win 10 1803 has taken over. So I will give that one a try...

DerMarkus likes this.
  10. JohnnyMags

Reputations:
    Yes, I have the 4K screen, but the problem isn’t pixelation, it’s color and contrast, extremely harsh. Very unrealistic. Like a picture in hard light, with way too much contrast.

I didn’t see any control over color and contrast in the app, just resolution.