Precision 7530 & Precision 7730 owner's thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Aaron44126, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Aikimox

Aikimox Weihenstephaner!

Reputations:
    I hope you get a good replacement LCD. But just imagining how the techie is going to take the machine apart, gives me shivers. You will be very lucky if nothing gets cracked/broken in the process. Please update us on the panel. Mine had the exact same horrendous back-light bleed. And yes, I do think Dell's QC is way below what it used to be.

2. DerMarkus

DerMarkus Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Did someone already performed a LM repaste ?

3. slimpower

slimpower Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Do you think the black marks on the connectors of this brand new (just taken out of the box) 1TB Samsung 970 Evo are anything to worry about?

Don't want to waste my time transferring the OS from one HD to this one if you think it is best to send it back.

Thanks.
    IMG_20180731_112200b.jpg

4. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:

Nope. Fire away.

slimpower likes this.
  5. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Check the SMART status with CrystalDiskMark or something.

slimpower likes this.
  6. David Nadanyan

David Nadanyan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Oh I'll definitely be thoroughly inspecting the process and replacement panel. Here's a couple pictures of my current LCD, for future reference[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  7. DerMarkus

DerMarkus Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Which display type is it ?

8. timur38

timur38 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the same issue with 1080p display on 7530. I will definitely replace it but I don't think it will help. I have the same issue on 7520 also. The Dell offered me replacement laptop because it's more than one month waiting time to replace the screen.

9. David Nadanyan

Reputations:
    This is the 15.6" UltraSharp UHD IGZO, panel is the SHARP LQ156D1JW02.

10. David Nadanyan

Reputations:
    I would be more forgiving if it was the 1080p panel with this edge bleeding, but there's no excuse for the dead pixels. If you chose the "Premium Panel Guarantee" option, you definitely should replace it, otherwise what's the point? Then on the topic of color accuracy, from what I've seen the XPS 9570 (a consumer system) has a consistently better panel. A month waiting time for a screen replacement is ridiculous, the panel can be purchased through third-parties and replaced by following their step-by-step on Dells support page. The representative I spoke with was originally requesting I over night the system in for them to diagnose and replace it, he quoted a 3-5 business day turn around. After showing him the pictures, I requested the next day onsite service. If the new panel doesn't live up to their "Premium Panel Guarantee" then I'll be requesting as many onsite replacements as it takes for them to get it right. Your satisfaction is only a priority when you give them a headache.