Precision 7530 & Precision 7730 owner's thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Aaron44126, Jun 27, 2018.

1. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Owners of this machine will want to be sure they order the AX200 and not the AX201. The AX201 is a CNVio2 card that is not compatible with this platform. The AX200 is standard PCIe + USB.

2. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Didn't realize it was different... Thanks.

alaskajoel likes this.
  3. Karath-Vanashta

Karath-Vanashta Newbie

Reputations:

Week 36, 2015 is a known bad batch of the SHP1430 (PnP ID) AKA LQ156D1JW02
    Dell gave me one in my recently-purchased 7530 too. In between lying to me and insulting my intelligence, the Round Rock employees let it slip that they didn't have enough UHD screens for the 7530 and the 7540.

If you check the website, it's currently offering only 72% gamut FHD screens for the 7530. The options seem to change by the week, though. (45% color gamut? Are you kidding me?)

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/alienware-15-fhd-or-qhd.770604/page-10
    This poster got a good SHP1430.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-...Quadro-P3200-Workstation-Review.346631.0.html
    And this review site put one through some serious testing.

I'm coming at this from a background in retail; there is no way this was accidental. Not a damn chance; these things should have been pulled from inventory and destroyed before the end of 2016. The UltraSharp UHD IGZO was the best possible option for too many laptops for too many years. Even if Dell was too incompetent to get them all, they would've been used up by now.

Let's assume Dell doesn't know what inventory hygiene is and someone found a mislabled box of these things under an inch of dust; they should've checked the components before use in assembly and they should've calibrated the finished machine before shipment. Your SpyderPRO caught this problem; whatever Dell uses should meet or exceed its accuracy.

tl;dr 30 days is Dell's self-declared grace period for no-questions-asked returns. It's not the statute of limitations for criminal acts. Which is what this is, if we're dealing with multiple week 36 / year 2015 SHP1430s in new 2019 Dell Precision 7530s. Which seems to be exactly what's happening.

Most people probably aren't making public complaints about it; the only reason I haven't worked things out with Dell is because they will not stop digging themselves into a hole. They offered me an equivalent 7540 but keep trying to convince me it's a HUGE UPGRADE; I might've gone for replacing the lid with refurb parts but they won't say if they guarantee the quality/warranty. SMH.

I used to love Dells, but it looks like this company is going right down the drain.

4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    This is a flaw with the notebook. Dell should re-call all affected notebooks and provide refund of money or give you a repacement machine that work as intended. A possible bios fix is just half-baked. You paid for a fully working notebook and should get one that work as intended. Not this.

jc_denton and Mr. Fox like this.
  5. Karath-Vanashta

Karath-Vanashta Newbie

Reputations:
    --CHA-CHING.

The week 36, 2015 date is absolutely not normal -- it's a bad lot of the SHP1430s AKA LQ156D1JW02. SHP1430s from other lots meet professional standards. You're right in that the UHDs are all Sharps. Or both Sharps; the only other panel I've confirmed is the LQ156D1JW06 / SHP1450. I've seen users and Dell employees both refer to a single "LQ156D1".

It's worth noting that Sharp put out a bad lot of 15.6" FHDs in week 40, 2015 -- SHP1431s. I wouldn't be surprised if the poster mentioning the ridiculous number of 7730s with bad screens was dealing with something similar.

It looks like Dell starts shoving the 2015 crap into laptops whenever they run low on the good stuff. There is absolutely no way these things would still be in inventory if Dell was practicing basic inventory hygiene / inventory control. (FIFO FFS.) They should've pulled these things years ago -- or hell, just gone through them years ago. Trying to pull one of these out of inventory to use in assembly should result in an invalid SKU error (or whatever the equivalent is for this industry). If Dell tested these before using them in assembly, they'd fail. If Dell tested the finished machines, they'd fail.

There's absolutely no way this is an accident and we practiced better inventory control when I sold T-shirts at the mall. In 2008.

I'm hashing this out with Dell via BBB complaint. I didn't have have the numbers in front of me (or memorized) at first and I gave them the date for the 1431s -- "week 40, 2015 is the release date".

I've run HWiNFO and MonInfo on it; both return the week 36 / 2015 date.

This dude seems to have the SHP1430 and the SHP1450 mixed up (totally shocking, given how erudite he is :p) but "when i came back and see what happen.i find UHD is now off the shelf" happens to be exactly what's going on with the 7530 right now -- nothing but 72% color gamut FHDs.

6. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    My comments that the 2015 date is "normal" come from the fact that all of the 4K panels that we were seeing when the 7530 first launched were 2015 4K panels. Note that by "normal" I by no means mean that this was a good thing... I thought that it was pretty sad that a 2018 system was shipping with 2015 panels and I stated as much in some earlier posts. It is "normal" simply because that's the panel that everyone has been getting.

I double-checked to be sure just now, my Precision 7530 (purchased at launch, July 2018) has a 2015 LQ156D1 in it, which Windows identifies as SHP1430. The week given by Moninfo is week 36, like yours. They must have had a whole lot of these panels... I don't remember ever seeing a report from anyone who ended up with one newer than 2015.

That said. As stated in the post that you quoted above, I myself don't have any particular issues with this panel. The viewing angle could be better (the 1080p IPS panel in my Precision 7510 is clearly superior in this regard) but that's about it. But I do coding, not graphics, so I am probably not the best to judge.

Code:
    Monitor
      Windows description...... Generic PnP Monitor
      Manufacturer............. Sharp
      Plug and Play ID......... SHP1430
      Data string.............. 43N80‚LQ156D1  [*CP437]
      Serial number............ n/a
      Manufacture date......... 2015, ISO week 36
      Filter driver............ None
      -------------------------
      EDID revision............ 1.4
      Input signal type........ Digital (DisplayPort)
      Color bit depth.......... 8 bits per primary color
      Color encoding formats... RGB 4:4:4, YCrCb 4:4:4
      Screen size.............. 350 x 190 mm (15.7 in)
      Power management......... Not supported
      Extension blocs.......... None
      -------------------------
      DDC/CI................... n/a

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  7. Josh444

Josh444 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I couldn't find an option to search the thread, but i'd like to ask if anyone encountered same issue.

I got Precision 7530 with quadro P1000 + 8750H. It has an active warranty.

From time to time (like 1-2 times a day), the screen just goes randomly black. The backlight is still on, the apps are running and computer as well. This happens during typical desktop-based work, so quadro in theory shouldnt be working. More like internal intel GPU. Cpu temperatures are OK (50-60 C)

Only solution to make display operatable again is closing and opening lid, this way computer goes to sleep and comes back.

Any idea what could that be? Drivers has been reinstalled.

8. Soromeister

Soromeister Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My hunch it's the display cable, but if you have warranty just call them and ask to replace display cable and see how that goes.

9. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Ask Dell Support about replacing a display, or the display cable. These notebooks in general have been suffering from an occasional display quality QC issue. I had precisely this problem when I first purchased my machine, which went away when I requested for a display + cable replacement.

10. Kyle

Kyle JVC SZ2000 Dual-Driver Headphones

Reputations:
    I'm having an issue with my 7730 that has developed recently: When I'm watching videos in full screen mode, the mouse often somehow gets activated for a split second and this is bugging me. This behavior does not happen if I'm watching on battery, only when the AC charger is plugged in. I'm guessing there is some connector issue? How would I go about getting it repaired (the laptop is under warranty)?