Precision 7530 & Precision 7730 owner's thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Aaron44126, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I have noticed this in many laptops. I've stopped worrying about it... I think it partly depends on where the cores are physically and what else near them is active?

Windows 10 1909 (releasing soon) has some new scheduling code to promote processes running on "favored cores". I wonder if this will actually help performance at all. Not sure if any of the CPUs in this system support Turbo Boost 3.0.
    https://www.windowslatest.com/2019/09/30/windows-10-version-1909-favored-cores-and-performance/

2. SirTypesALot

SirTypesALot Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I normally put my laptop to sleep by closing the lid. I just now opened the lid and there is a burn-in of the browser title bar in the upper right of the screen. I'm guessing that for whatever reason when I closed the lid last time it didn't put the laptop to sleep and caused the burn-in. Ugh.

I do have Pro Support with the premium panel guarantee but I'm guessing this isn't covered. I'm hoping I wouldn't be responsible for the repair costs as the issue isn't a result of anything that I did. Any suggestions on how to approach this with Dell support?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  3. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    An LCD shouldn't have permanent burn-in. If you actually sleep it for a while, or just put something else on the screen for a while, does it go away?

4. SirTypesALot

Reputations:
    It's been sleeping for a couple of hours now and the burn-in is still there:

1005191430_HDR-copy.jpg

It also flickers which you can see in this video:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wbrWbGVc1a2txkdn7

5. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Might be a problem with the display itself, or the display cable. If you have ProSupport, simply call in, tell the customer service representative your issue, and they should send out a replacement display + cable the next day, provided stocks are available.

6. SirTypesALot

Reputations:
    That was my first thought but I first googled Dell burn-in and found this, which states that:

So I was hesitant to call without further information. The flickering doesn't seem to have anything to do with a burn-in issue so I might just lead with that with a link to the video.

7. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    Do you have ProSupport Plus or damage protection? If so they should fix just about anything, even if it is "your fault".

8. kaann

kaann Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, I'm a cad designer and i use Nx and Solidworks.
    I'm in conflict between Lenovo P72 and Dell 7730.
    Same specs and almost same price.
    Xeon E-2186M 1TB NVMe 64GB ecc RAM NVIDIA P5200 UHD

Especially for UHD screen i want to know your experiences.

Regards,

9. SirTypesALot

Reputations:
    I have:
    812-3147 Dell Limited Hardware Warranty Plus Service
    812-3158 ProSupport: Next Business Day Onsite, 3 Years
    812-3159 ProSupport: 7x24 Technical Support, 3 Years

So, ProSupport, not sure if it is "Plus".

10. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    Accidental damage is only covered with ProSupport Plus or the separate accidental damage protection, which both are extras that you have to add on at purchase time.
    Still, I think you should call and see if they will come and swap out the screen. If you simply describe the symptom that you are seeing then I don't think that they will give you any trouble.