Precision 7530 & Precision 7730 owner's thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Aaron44126, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Alec Maire

Alec Maire Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone here had temperature issues after switching to AHCI mode from raid? For some reason the intel PCH chip on my laptop idles like 20C hotter now

2. Wally98221

Wally98221 Newbie

Reputations:
    Here is the battery info:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vImJ1QO9uCXP36MjGwUJvDBm5i-kNIkX

3. Wally98221

Wally98221 Newbie

Reputations:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  4. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    @Wally98221: Thanks very much. You should probably remove that link with your service tag; it might be personally identifiable. I've gotten the part number, though: it's KWJM2:
    [​IMG]

Wally98221 likes this.
  5. Wally98221

Wally98221 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks! Hope it was useful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ionising_Radiation likes this.
  6. Div033

Div033 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Out of curiosity, how do you plan to procure a DGFF Quadro RTX 3000? Assuming they're interchangeable, that is.

Also, greatly appreciate your investigation into the abnormally high power draw - I think I may have seen your post on reddit too!

7. Ionising_Radiation

Reputations:
    Ah, yeah; that was probably me. I'll not rest until I get my hands on that part, install it, and see how the power draw changes. It really grinds my gears.

As for how I'll get my hands on a DGFF Quadro RTX 3000: same as how I got all the other part numbers; wait for someone to get a Precision 7540 with the RTX 3000, ask them for the part number of the DGFF, and directly phone in to Dell. I hope the heatsinks match up; if not, I'll get them new, too.

Div033 likes this.
  8. Div033

Div033 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow, had no idea it could be so simple! Would you mind sharing the line you call into to make a request like that? Such an upgrade would be incredible.

9. Ionising_Radiation

Reputations:
    I don't live in the US, so I have one unified telephone number for everything; I just call in, quote my Service Tag, and quote the part number. I tell them I'm fine with installing any parts by myself, even if I get a few (virtual) raised eyebrows.

I got it once, when I said I'd change my palmrest (have other on-going issues: the NFC reader in my notebook somehow has stopped working—I get a feeling a lot of my woes would be fixed with a motherboard replacement).

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Div033 likes this.
  10. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    In the US you can call the Dell spare parts line at 800-372-3355. Presumably they have a similar number that you could call in other territories. For some reason it is hard to find that number on their web site (in the US), I've just had it saved for a long time.

I've never ordered a GPU from them, if they will sell you one I imagine that it will be sort of expensive. But I've bought other random stuff from them before, including rubber feet, a DVD burner for an older laptop, and the "better" version of the CPU heatsink for my M6700 which normally only shipped with the 3920XM/3940XM CPU. The procedure outlined by @Ionising_Radiation is right... You need to do the legwork and get a part number for them to have any hope of finding the part in their system.

Div033 likes this.