Precision 7530 & Precision 7730 owner's thread

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by Aaron44126, Jun 27, 2018.

1. David11754

David11754 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    After much thought, I've finally ordered a Precision 7530 i9/P3200. I can't wait to get it!

I went through this topic and I'm wondering if it's worth to repaste it. Does anyone have a feedback on this?

2. LadislavBohm

LadislavBohm Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    I have a pretty basic question regarding RAM but I want to make sure before making the purchase. The configuration I want to buy has unfortunately just 2x8GB RAM, is it possible to add 2x16GB to the remaining slots? Are there any possible compatibility issues due to different RAM capacities (2x8 + 2x16)? If there are no issues, is it possible to start with just one 16GB stick and add another one later?

Thanks

3. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    2x8GB + 2x16GB should be fine. Make sure the speed and CAS latency match.

2x8GB + 1x16GB might work with a performance hit. The RAM is dual-channel so installing in pairs is best.

4. DerMarkus

DerMarkus Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Repasted 7730 today. Some observations:
    1.) Two (keyboard) screws were missing.
    2.) One Palmrest screw (under keyboard) was missing.
    3.) Heatpad installed on PCH with connection to Palmrest (metal). But palmrest is covered by isolation material.
    4.) Heatpads installed on heatsink have no connection to CPU VRMs (!)
    Fixed issues 3.) and 4.) and repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. Decreased CPU voltage by 0.135[V]. Results for prime95.

Attached Files:

5. DreamThtr

DreamThtr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey guys any of you had this issue with audio, for example watching a youtube video, for a couple of seconds the bass goes out, and the audio sounds like a tin can? then it returns to normal?

6. nodin

nodin Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi
    Got the same problem and Don t know where it comes from, very annoying

7. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    This wounds like it might be an issue with Waves MaxxAudio, perhaps look into turning off the "audio enhancements" offered by it and the Realtek audio driver.

DreamThtr likes this.
  8. slamming_sammy1

slamming_sammy1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there,

Does anyone know how to boot from the recovery partition? Reason is, I just got my 7530 and I am planning to upgrade to a bigger drive. I tried booting to the recovery partition just to see if it's worth it to keep the recovery partition; but I can't seem to. I've searched and people said to hit F8 but nothing happens, I just boot right into windows. I figured, the recovery partition is there so we can boot to it (to re-install the OS), so if I can't, I'll just blow this partition away. and make a recovery usb drive instead. thanks.

9. jeremyshaw

jeremyshaw Big time Idiot

Reputations:
    I've never been able to directly boot into the recovery partition on a Windows 10 (post 1709, at least, maybe older versions of Windows 10 allowed the F8 bypass [which dates back to Windows 95, at least]). Supposedly, it will automatically boot into the recovery partition if 3 failed boots in a row occur. I have seen that happen (it failed to recover anyways, and needed a clean wipe), but I've also seen it just bootloop endlessly, never entering the recovery interface.

I personally rely on an Windows 10 install USB (which has the recovery interface + very limited PE included) and data backups.

10. Aaron44126

Reputations:
    You can get to the recovery partition by having Windows fail to boot multiple times as @jeremyshaw said, or, while in Windows you can hold the "Shift" key while selecting "Restart" from the start menu to get some recovery stuff to appear, some of the options will direct you to the recovery partition for booting. It is also invoked if you start a full system reset from within Windows.

Windows 10 really likes to have the recovery partition, if you delete it, a new one will probably show up when you install the next Windows 10 feature update (released every six months).