Precision 7530: help me choosing the right battery

Discussion in 'Dell Latitude, Vostro, and Precision' started by nesdnuma, Sep 9, 2019.

1. nesdnuma

nesdnuma Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello,

I am going to purchase a Precision 7530. However, 3 different batteries are proposed by dell in Belgium:
    -lithium-ion / 4 cells / 64 Wh+ExpressCharge - base price
    -lithium-ion / 6 cells / 97 Wh+ExpressCharge - +16,25€
    -polymer lithium-ion long-lasting / 6 cells / 97 Wh+ExpressCharge -+20,01€

1. Does any of the 97 Wh cells prevent the installation of a second HDD?
    2. Does ExpressCharge really shorten the charge time? How much?
    3. What does "long-lasting" mean: does it mean the battery keeps the charge for a longer time? How much longer, then? Or does it mean the battery will have a longer life globally?
    4. Is it worth to take the option of the extended battery life with either type?

Thank you in advance.

2. Aaron44126

Aaron44126 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    1. This system supports 4x M.2 SSD drives, or 3x M.2 SSD with 1x 2.5" SATA drive. With the 97 Wh battery, you cannot install a 2.5" SATA drive. You can still install four drives, but they have to be all M.2 drives.
    2. Yes, ExpressCharge does shorten the charge time (cut in half, about?) but I believe it will also wear out your battery faster.
    3. It seems that the battery is the same; they just take away some options (like ExpressCharge) and grant you a longer warranty. It does not mean that your battery will last longer on a charge. That it totally determined by the Wh spec.

3. nesdnuma

nesdnuma Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot for the... ...precisions!

4. Karath-Vanashta

Karath-Vanashta Newbie

Reputations:
    This might not apply, but if you got the UHD screen -- Dell has been shipping 7530s around spring/summer of this year with a bad lot of SHP1430s. Manufacture date week 36, 2015.

They had an UHD shortage -- not enough screens to supply the 7530 and 7540 -- and instead of pulling the option from the 7530's config earlier (last I checked, they finally did remove the UHD) or telling buyers 'whoops sorry' they started shoving defective 4+ year old screens into new 7530s.

I am weeks into this with Dell's Round Rock USA staff; first they told me there were no complaints about it, then they told me there are no current complaints, and now they've really torqued me off.