PowerSpec 1710 + 1510?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by B0B, Oct 13, 2017.

1. aIex

aIex Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Same here (P670). I'm using APO Equalizer + Peace GUI to boost built-in speakers by 6-15 dB.

2. nealios

nealios Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    @Canonfodder what cooling pad you rocking?
    I have an old Zalman ZM-NC11, 200mm fan, but it's rpm is so low, I wonder if it's actually doing anything, feeling it is just like a light breeze, would like to find some positive pressure ones, but I cannot see in any specifications about the CFM output.

3. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes, for any laptop I have come across I have never been overly impress by the speakers. Always best to peruse external options it applicable to your set-up. Usually can find something cheap to greatly improve your experience.

4. GrinningColossus

GrinningColossus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In the Soundblaster X-fi program, under advanced, the option for "Stereo (2.0/2.1)" is much louder than "Built-in Speakers", unintuitively. That's assuming you have the 1510, not sure how the 1710 is. Also if the SB X-fi program doesn't recognize your hardware as compatible, get the default drivers off the Powerspec support site: http://www.powerspec.com/support/support_archive.phtml?selection=1510 (it doesn't work with the ones provided by Realtek)

5. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    No real reason to go the LM route. Gelid or ICD7 works great for laptop heatsinks, with a very minimal temp difference. And none of the LM issues.

6. Canonfodder

Canonfodder Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I got it because It has four fans good air flow and is pretty quiet, fits in my backpack as well

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074V75DG5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    That depends on the heatsink and fit, if you have a good fit LM does pretty well with the direct die contacts.

8. Canonfodder

Canonfodder Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Same here can't recall any laptop speakers being overly impressed with.
    The loudness equalization I mentioned really does help though it boosts the low volume parts I enable it on all my computers.

Another interesting thing I have yet to try on my 1510 is the optical output a lot of people miss it because you need a special cable or adapter for the optical cable.
    I think when you start the system if you look into the head phone jack you can see a red light shine.
    The placement of some of the outputs is a bit awkward especially if you are using a mouse

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes it's an optical out on the headphone jack too.

10. JustK

JustK Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My experience gave conflicting results. I tried re-pasting my 1510 with ICD7 first and my temps only went down a few degrees, almost negligible. CPU temps were still consistently going over 90 during gaming sessions. I have a laptop cooler as well, the Coolermaster Notepal U2. It's great, as you can move the fans around to wherever you need them most. It wasn't until I used LM that my temps really came down significantly. As I stated before, my CPU temps never even touch 80. I can't speak for all of the issues that have been stated about LM, but for me so far, so good after 4 months.