PowerSpec 1710 + 1510?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by B0B, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Canonfodder

Canonfodder Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It would be great if you can just swap out but really it comes down to MC and there warranty process. I know for many transactions you have to physically go into one of the stores which is fine if you are near one.
    If they allow you to ship to them it is going to probably take a couple weeks anyway not to mention shipping costs. If things go wrong and they won't cover it will you still be able to return for refund since return window will probably be gone.
    Hope it works out for you let us know how it turns out

2. CM_11

CM_11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Any practical way to fix a minor nick/divot on the 1510, or am I looking at replacing the whole panel? Is the 1510 upgradeable to anything better than the stock panel?

3. Canonfodder

Reputations:
    Download Hardware Info "hwinfo" will give you the panel information to search and match for upgrade. It is pretty standard from what I have gathered, lots of panels on Amazon and eBay.
    The panel looks easy to access since the front bezel just snaps in

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It depends on what panel you shipped with. Speak to your reseller.

5. BrinNutz

BrinNutz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Well, I cracked her open and cleaned up the chips and heatsinks of stock thermal paste, then put on some Kryonaut. I used @Meaker@Sager 's description to apply. So far, a half an hour into a session of PUBG and my temps have worsened slightly. I'd keep it under 75C but now I'm hitting 78-80C on GPU.

Not sure what's up, but I'll pull everything and check on the spread after awhile. I was seriously hoping to see a decrease of 10C...

6. Canonfodder

Reputations:
    I have never used Kryonaut but if it is anything like Arctic Silver it takes some time to cure.
    So maybe give it a few days cycling .
    My 1070 GPU stays generally stays under 80c does not hit throttle temps which is just under 90c, that would concern me since the thermal limit is 90c.
    The temp your CPU hits also directly effects GPU temp since the the sinks are connected with a heat tube so keep an eye on CPU temps as well.

You can put all the best paste you want but the heat sinks working at maximum fan power are only capable of getting rid of so much heat.
    The only way to make the chips cool quicker and more efficiently is to have a bigger heat sink, something not really doable on a compact laptop.

There are coolers you can use some are different then a regular cooling pad which is what I use one with 4 fans, it does help keep the system cooler overall when gaming

7. BrinNutz

BrinNutz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yeah, I've got the 4 fan Tree New Bee one from Amazon. Ironically, it didn't change much in the way of temps either. Maybe 2C.

CPU temps are running in the 70's now as well.

8. Canonfodder

Reputations:
    The package temps are directly related to the efficiency of the heat sink. Coolers will help keep the system running cooler overall the motherboard memory drives keyboard etc. so a 2c drop is not to bad.
    As the ambient temp climbs will probably be even more noticeable

Someone posted here about a cooler that works a bit different since you put it in front of the outer vents I guess it is a cage type fan. Anyway supposedly it can increase the airflow over the sink and give a significant temp drop

9. abduktedtemplar

abduktedtemplar Newbie

Reputations:
    Is the powerspec capable of outputting to a 144hz 2560 x 1080 display at the full 144hz? Sorry if this has been asked already, I've searched around and did not find the answer. Admittedly, I have not read the full 86 pages on this thread .

10. BrinNutz

BrinNutz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Why wouldn't it?