PowerSpec 1710 + 1510?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by B0B, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Some compressed air to ensure the heatsink is clean is also an idea.

2. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Funny that you mention that, since I got sick of shelling out the $$$ for what they charge for compressed air cans. Invested in getting a compressed air blower, should arrive tomorrow.

3. lethalasian

lethalasian Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    My gpu when playing PUBG is getting to 90 and holding there. I'll check if there is throttling. how do you check if its throttling on GPU z?

4. Balazar

Balazar Newbie

Reputations:
    I made an account just to ask this question. Has anyone purchased a protection plan with their PowerSpec? How much did it cost and what does it cover?

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Fair enough, if you are doing a lot it can be handy.

6. Nunya_Bidness

Nunya_Bidness Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I didn’t, but the rep trying to sell me on it said it was a no questions asked coverage. You break it, they fix it or provide you a replacement or equally to that. I passed on it, since the warranty is voided as soon as you crack it open, (so I was told, but not sure how they would know if you removed anything you add to it). All replacement parts or repasting needs to be taken in to have them do it.

Would have considered it, but I was looking for the lowest cost deal and that extra coverage would have made the deal not so sweet. Plus, it’s not an everyday carry so me dropping it is not likely. On top of it all, when the rep told me I couldn’t and shouldn’t crack it open to add an ssd, that made up my mind.

7. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes, I got the 1 yr added extended warranty, covers parts/labor. Was $139, no Accident coverage.

That's BS about opening the back cover voids warranty. You are permitted to add/upgrade hardware (like swapping or adding a storage drive), perform BIOS updates, etc. If you damage it in the process, then no, you aren't covered unless you have Accident coverage.

8. BrinNutz

BrinNutz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Anyone know of a hardshell type sleeve/slim case to fit these in, that will still fit in backpack? I have mine in a neoprene case inside of my SLAPPA backpack padded sleeve but somehow I'm guessing someone moved my bag at work and the corner is dented. Looking to prevent this shenanigans from occurring again and having trouble finding one.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  9. Nunya_Bidness

Reputations:
    That's what I was thinking, but considering that I have a rep (Mark@ Duluth MicroCenter) tell me this on a gaming laptop for the accidental damage coverage....yeah, wasn't going to consider it further or question it. Heck, I told him I would vinyl wrap the top (which I've done) to hide the Powerspec branding and he said not to bring it in like that if I ever have an issue. But, I will add he wasn't very helpful and it wasn't he who sold me on the laptop, it was this thread. lol

10. Nunya_Bidness

Reputations:
    Anyone know if the SA-00086 vulnerability is ever going to be patched?