]]>

PowerSpec 1710 + 1510?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by B0B, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Tuan Hoang

Tuan Hoang Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    There's a screw underneath the keyboard. I almost broke mine before knowing this

2. ownagesoftx

ownagesoftx Newbie

Reputations:
    The front isn't the problem it' the center there is no screw hole on the bottom for this one yet it'
    Attached inside to where I'm going to break it if I pull.

See images here, they are all the 1 stud holding together .. different angles

[​IMG]
    https://imgur.com/a/XV1O1

3. ownagesoftx

ownagesoftx Newbie

Reputations:
    How do you get to the screw

4. Tuan Hoang

Tuan Hoang Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    There are 2 screw holes at the bottom which have the keyboard prying up symbol (you probably unscrew them already), now just press the screw driver in there, the keyboard should pop up.
    Now carefully use your fingers to slide along the F1-F12 keys part, lifting they keyboard up just a little bit, as you don't want to damage the 3 ribbon cables underneath

5. ownagesoftx

ownagesoftx Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks I really appreciate it! I got it!

Do you think it' necessary to put that screw back under the keyboard I see it as more of a pain in the butt than help since its not the only one holding the keyboard in.

6. Ehsan habib

Ehsan habib Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    There are two screws attached to keyboard. one from bottom and second from under the keyboard. when you unscrew both from the bottom you will see mark which will tell you push screw inside with the help of screw driver and it will lift the keyboard and you will see second screw. Let us know if you need more assistance.

7. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    You can leave the one screw from under the keyboard out. I did, no problems.

8. ownagesoftx

ownagesoftx Newbie

Reputations:
    I cracked the case to redo the thermal paste as I found it to hot under load in warcraft at up to 96degrees! GPU was 81.

After thermal paste was cleaned and new applied my temps are around 71-75 max and I've never seen my gpu above 65 yet. Not too much testing yet but I can tell a huge difference. Stock thermal paste is garbage and it was over pasted half of it was squeezed all over the chip casing.

Overclocked display to 100hz (1710) but it does not feel like truly 100hz. It looks the same as 75hz. I did it 100% correctly. (Discrete mode & nvidia control panel OC) I have a 120hz desktop and there' a huge difference. I even ran my desktop at 100hz to see a diffrence. The laptop when getting 80fps it feels like bad response time (not stutter) when turning left or right in game. This is my first notebook pc so I don' know if that' normal vs a desktop. I can deal with it but it just doesn't feel smooth like a 100hz should. Just wondering if I was missing something. I'e never owned a IPS display, does anyone know the screen specs?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  9. aIex

aIex Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It may (or may not) be caused by wrong application of thermal compound and/or not tightening heatsink screws enough. Unless someone used toothpaste as thermal paste, temperatures should not differ more than 10-15 degrees ( http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-comparison,5108-9.html ).

The difference should be visible when dragging windows. Also, you can use ufotest to verify results.

Disable GSync for fast games.

10. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Tried out DA:I last night for the first time on this laptop, and discovered my temps were really hitting some new highs. (And the fans were roaring) CPU was hitting 78C, and GPU hit 85C, and was probably still rising. So I cracked her open today and repasted using ICD7.

Now the game temps are 68C on CPU and 71C on the GPU in the same scene. Noticed they used that atypical grey grease, and they applied too much on the CPU.

EDIT: Looking back, I noticed that most of the TIM ran off the CPU die.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018