PowerSpec 1710 + 1510?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by B0B, Oct 13, 2017.

1. gb90

gb90 Newbie

Reputations:
  2. Chowda289

Chowda289 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Okay. Thanks! I updated CCC and updated the Touchpad driver. I don't know if this would affect it, but I keep the touchpad usually turned off. I use a wireless trackball mouse.

@Prema I'll look into that too.

@Tuan Hoang Umm...I tried downloading using Firefox and Waterfox. Neither worked. :vbconfused:

(As a reminder, I have the PowerSpec 1510. :vbsmile:) I undervolted my laptop using Intel XTU. It's at -0.120V right now. I haven't pushed it any further. The problem I have is that, when my laptop goes on power save or if I shut it down, the voltage reverts back to default settings. How do I get it to stay? Or do I have to change it everytime?

Oh, and are you all monitoring your frame rates and temps by playing your game in windowed mode? I can't figure out how to monitor it while in full screen.

3. GrinningColossus

GrinningColossus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The updated synaptics drivers remove the synaptics menu from the mouse options. Set a system restore point or something beforehand. Hopefully the setup.exe didn't do anything that'll prevent a regular driver rollback.

Edit: it did. now the painful process of reinstalling before windows messes it up

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  4. Ehsan habib

Ehsan habib Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I am using windows precision drivers and its working flawless. If you guys want I can share method how to use them instead of synaptics which are below average.

5. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    Are you using the Precision Driver from Lenovo's site?

6. Ehsan habib

Ehsan habib Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes,

7. ownagesoftx

ownagesoftx Newbie

Reputations:
    I just purchased the 1710 I was curious it normal on 1710 for the spacebar to have no lighting on the frontside or is mine defective? I see it on the backside towards the other keys. Because the hotkey program shows light should be up front.

8. aIex

aIex Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  9. ownagesoftx

ownagesoftx Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes Thank you, it must be normal.

Are there any guides on how to remove the bottom so I can get inside for upgrades. I removed all screws and it seemed to not want to open like there was another screw tied into the keyboard? I didn't want to break it.

10. aIex

aIex Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It looks like it has 3 hooks in front. Try prying it with a credit card or lifting the cover from the fan side. But if it feels like the cover is being held somewhere else double check if all you undo all the screws.