PowerSpec 1710 + 1510?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by B0B, Oct 13, 2017.

1. tanzmeister

tanzmeister Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

I am not sure if they will license that with now almost EOL pa70hs-g or hp6. but this is going to be a Gsync panel for the new pa70xxx coffee lake. though you don't really need Gsync on 144hz panel :p

2. tanzmeister

Reputations:
    oh, for qhd 120hz you will need LCD cable replaced for a 4k capable one, 40pin

3. Tuan Hoang

Tuan Hoang Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you know where to get it along with the panel?

4. tanzmeister

Reputations:
    can't help at this point and I don't have them either. possibly that p750 4k cable can fits. sure it will work, but not sure if its long enough!

5. dwlemon3

dwlemon3 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Out of curiosity with all of these discussions regarding the displays, is it possible for me to upgrade the 1510 to a 120hz panel? I tried searching but I couldn't really find anything for this specific question. Where would I look to buy one and what's the cost? Also, how difficult is it to swap out the display? Thanks!

6. GrinningColossus

GrinningColossus Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Update: I got a BSOD after the -.125 undervolt on the 1510 (despite running the CPU 100% and GPU almost 100% simultaneously for 4 hours twice without issues earlier).

"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" error on the synaptics touchpad driver. Reduced the offset to -.12, hopefully a big enough difference to help.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  7. Chowda289

Chowda289 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Finally, I've caught up on here. I can't believe both laptops are cheaper! Oh, and a 1510 reviewer on MC said they got a WD 1TB 7200 HD...so I guess they don't all come with the HGST drive?

I got a BSOD yesterday, while playing Guild Wars 2 on MSHybrid. It said error: syntp.sys I think it might've happened because my internet kept randomly dropping, so I'd get kicked off the server and the game would close. Any ideas as to what happened?

Today, I decided to make sure my drivers were all updated. The only driver I didn't install was Intel Proset/Wireless Software and Drivers package ("Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Wireless LAN Drivers" on Pro-Star.) Windows flagged it. Do I need it? (FYI, I can never get the USA download links to work on Clevo's P650HS-G driver download page...so I usually go to Pro-Star:vbthumbsup: for the files.)

I don't exactly know which drivers to download and install, so I just go through Pro-Star's list and download the most recent versions. If there is something I shouldn't be downloading and installing, please let me know. I don't always know what I'm doing. :nah:

Since I haven't undervolted yet, I'm going to do that too.

On a side note, MC is selling a refurb 15.6" portable monitor (didn't know those existed) for $59.99 here if you're looking for an extra monitor.

And a cooling pad for $9.99 after rebate here. It's only got one fan, though.

8. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    I have had this issue too. I believe the Synaptic Touchpad driver needs to be updated for RC3 like some of the others, as it may have had become an issue with most recent MS updates. I have since disabled it since I use a mouse while it's docked.

9. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
  10. Tuan Hoang

Tuan Hoang Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Do you use any download managers like IDM? I tried using Chrome's default download manager and it worked