PowerSpec 1710 + 1510?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by B0B, Oct 13, 2017.

1. tanzmeister

tanzmeister Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    uninstalling CCC does not help.

in case you have boost going and staying at 1800mhz, this means your GPU is not using all the power, otherwise the clocks would be little lower at around 1700mhz. the locked throttling to 1468 is only happening with gpu draws around 122watts+ for a minute and at the same time temperature is higher than 74C.

2. BrinNutz

BrinNutz Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    And of course once you hit the lock, you have to restart to unlock it, at least from my experience.

3. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    1710 - $1299
    1510 - $1199

4. rally_point

rally_point Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yep, leaving Microcenter right now with the 1710 in tow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Chastity

Reputations:
    Welcome to the club, and you suck for getting it $100 cheaper :p FYI: The in-store price on a 960 EVO 500GB from there is $199 too.

6. tanzmeister

tanzmeister Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    you can disable and re-enable the driver in the device manager

7. Pier0188

Pier0188 Newbie

Reputations:
    How the heck do you get into the bios? When do you start and stop pressing f2? How often (micro enter says 1 second). I keep going straight to windows.

8. rally_point

Reputations:
    Hmm I was going to pick up a 1TB 850 Evo and have them swap out the HD but it would have taken multiple trips and I don't live that close. Can you confirm something for me? Is the 1TB HD in here connected via SATA? Thanks

9. Chastity

Reputations:
    Yes, it's the only device on your SATA system. The included HGST 1TB 7200RPM drive isn't a slouch, and you could use it for applications. I would really suggest taking advantage of your 2nd M.2 slot and nab a NVMe drive. Makes a great game install drive. Also your lappy comes with a thermal pad for the 2nd NVMe.

I also added an external Seagate 6TB drive for offloading stuff and backups. (Grabbed one for $94 from Staples)

10. rally_point

Reputations:
    Ah I didn't think about the second M.2 slot. Then I should be able to do a Raid0 config if I added a second drive there and just have that be my Steam directory (for the time being, I set it up on the HD)....thanks for the suggestion.

I currently use Avira for AV but this came with a NOD32 eval license. Any thoughts on their software?

I'll post a review after I've had some time to play with this but if anyone has any recommended tweaks, please let me know. I'm going to go back and read this thread some time today because I know there's probably some good ones here already! So far, I'm happy with it. The touchpad is a nice texture but it's a bit sensitive, especially with where I need to put my hands to type. I'll probably just end up turning it off like I did on my Valkyrie Cz-17 and use a mouse. No dead pixels from what I can tell, keyboard feels good and it's pretty.

I had spent most of my time debating between a MSI GS73 with 1070 Max-Q and a baseline GT75VR. Truth be told I feel like this is kind of right in the middle and since I just want something to game with when I can't be on my desktop, this seems to have met that need...at least from a price/capability perspective.