PowerSpec 1710 + 1510?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by B0B, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Decided I wanted to upgrade my external DAC setup to allow for surround virtualization, and comsolidate components to reclaim some desk space. :) So I ordered the Creative G6. What a very nice improvement.

I'm not going to go into great detail here, as I wrote up my experiences elsewhere, but I wanted to point out here that the SB Connect 2 app supplied by the G6 driver does replace the one for the Realtek 720 that our units came with, but will recognize and work for both products.

If you have questions, I'll be happy to answer.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/purchased-creative-g6-external-dac-amp.428000/

2. Chowda289

Chowda289 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Huh? But you told me to uninstall with DDU?

Well...I tried uninstalling the Nvidia drivers with DDU again (always in safe mode) and installing the driver you suggested @Chastity I'm still getting the same message from Nvidia as I posted before with the screenshot. :confused:

Also, sound blaster won't work for me now?
    upload_2019-8-26_17-12-33.png
    My speakers and headphones work, though. I just don't get a notification anymore, when I plug in or unplug my headphones.

Update: I uninstalled Nvidia drivers via Windows, then did DDU in safe mode, wouldn't let me install the DCH, so I let Windows install the driver...and it has...but I still have a caution sign and code 43 under Device Manager. I'm going to discharge the electrical buildup, per a suggestion...waiting for my battery to drain.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  3. Chastity

Reputations:
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  4. Its_Snowing

Its_Snowing Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Anybody know where I can pick up some spare keycaps for the 1510 (p650hs)? I'm trying to replace a couple scratched ones before selling it. I've searched online and can't seem to find any.

5. Chastity

Reputations:
    Might be easier to just get a kb replacement

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I don't think caps are available.

7. Chastity

Reputations:
    Approaching my 2 year anniversary of owning my 1710. Unit is still working, thanks to my repaste 3 months into owning it. All the original storage (250 GB 960 EVO and the HTSC 1TB HDD drive) have been upgraded. (960 EVO 500 GB + Intel 660p 2TB + 860 EVO 1TB SATA)

I overclock the GSkill 16GB DDR4-2400 to DDR4-2666 with 16-17-17-41 timings.

I've updated the Intel 8260 Wifi/BT to an Intel AX200 Wifi/BT, to use with my Asus RT-AX88U router. Got a nice bump in regular Wifi speeds, and can now take advantage of my Gigabit ISP service wirelessly.

Very upset with the utter lack of aftermarket support in regards to drivers and BIOS/EC updates. In fact, once the 1720 came out, the 1710 page was relegated to legacy. Unfortunately this is typical for rebadged Clevo systems, so I guess MicroCenter feels they can get away with it.

One screw in the base (left lower corner) got jammed, and would not come out, and I had to snap the screw base to be able to remove the bottom lid, but no big deal. Keyboard is still like-new since I hardly use it in favor of my external Corsair K63 Wireless. Same for touchpad.

I invested in getting a license for Obsidian-PC's Fan Control in order to tame the highly aggressive stock EC settings for the fans.

... and that's about it. Never needed to have the unit serviced by MC.

4W4K3 likes this.
  8. Chastity

Reputations:
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The SPD or default timings are the default boot timings. XMP would need to be set.

10. GrinningColossus

GrinningColossus Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm wondering how you overclocked the G-skill ram to 2666. The clevo utility isn't saving changes to the ratio, it only saves the timings.