PowerSpec 1710 + 1510?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by B0B, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    You certainly had too much for the CPU. Damn. :) Half of it rolled off. So yes, the size of a small pea should be sufficient.

2. Chowda289

Chowda289 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    :( I'm having problems with my Nvidia card. Under Device Manager, I'm getting, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I did a clean install of the graphics drivers with DDU and GeForce...please help.

3. Chastity

Reputations:
    @Chowda289

I had that issue once after an update. Usually means the Intel driver is stepping on the NVIDIA chip's attempts to boot properly. Use DDU and remove both Intel and NVIDIA driver in Safe Mode. Reboot and install Intel first, then install the NVIDIA driver.

Use DCH for both driver packages.

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Did you get any odd behaviour before this happened?

5. Chastity

Reputations:
    Just an update: decided to upgrade my 1710's storage, bought an Intel 660p 2TB NVME for slot2, and will replace the stock 960 EVO 250GB in slot 1 with my existing 960 EVO 500GB.

1TB HDD is being replaced with 1TB 860 EVO SATA.

6. Chowda289

Reputations:
    @Chastity What's DCH?

@Meaker@Sager Umm...a few. I have times where my computer would reboot...like there was a power issue? I'd have Kernel Processor Power errors (processor 1 being limited by system firmware.) I'm not always sure what to look for under Event Viewer. Initially, I had issues with my screen going black. Like a screensaver...but I couldn't come out of it. Yet, the computer would still be running. I could still hear my music, etc. Also, if I started my computer out of sleep, it would sometimes have a black screen and not go away. Again, the computer would be running. I was told I was having an issue with Windows 10, so I changed a few things. It seemed to have gone away? Or I believed it did... Then, I had issues after Windows did an update. I thought it might've messed up my graphics drivers. I could get to my game login screen and login, but I couldn't actually play. The game would end up closing. I did a game repair, and I reinstalled drivers for the graphics cards. It seemed to be okay. THEN, my computer randomly crashed...and it restarted pixelated. I did a clean install of my NVidia drivers, but it was still pixelated. I switched to MS Hybrid. It looks fine while I'm in MS Hybrid. I did another clean install for NVidia, switched back to Discrete, but it's still pixelating. It's not terrible pixelating, but enough to be causing problems. :( I've just been staying on MS Hybrid for now. I do feel like my temperatures have been throttling a bit. I tried gaming under MS Hybrid, and my keyboard seemed to get a bit warm. I never had that problem before.

7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031275/graphics-drivers.html
    D325E7FD-80DA-4D23-B0DC-40D6D9A9A3D7.jpeg

8. Jawadali

Jawadali Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone recommend where to buy an additional power adapter for the 1710?

Thanks!

9. GrinningColossus

GrinningColossus Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Micro Center sells one. https://www.microcenter.com/product/505716/230w-laptop-ac-adapter

It is identical to the one that comes with it, and it comes in a very generic brown box with a label that says Powerspec 1510 and 1710 on it. Check the aisle they keep laptop adapters. If you give a sales associate the sku number (743831) that also helps them find it.

10. Chowda289

Reputations:
    @Chastity @Meaker@Sager I removed both my Intel and Nvidia drivers in Safe Mode. I installed the Intel DCH drivers, but I haven't done Nvidia. How do I install Nvidia DCH drivers? I keep reading to install Nvidia Control Panel from the Microsoft store. o_O

I went to Nvidia to search the drivers. Which driver do I install? Nvidia Studio Driver or GeForce Game Ready Driver? I have a PowerSpec 1510 with the GTX 1070. Thanks for your help!