PowerSpec 1710 + 1510?

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by B0B, Oct 13, 2017.

1. GrinningColossus

GrinningColossus Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Driver updates have been available on clevo's site, that said the last one was ~9 months ago. At this point it might be Clevo's fault.

Mashreef Ahmed likes this.
  2. CM_11

CM_11 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Maybe. They seem to be doing fine with other retailers.

Don't think I'll be buying another system from Microcenter. The savings on these models was good enough to pull the trigger at the time, but I'm not sure it was worth the complete lack of support. Wish there was a company that did what Obsidian does, but was domestic to North America. Maybe there is?

3. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    My fav US based reseller is GenTechPC, I worked with him on a couple of cases for some Asus support, and was quite the pleasure. The customer, otoh...

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You'll always get a less personal experience with the big stores.

5. Chowda289

Chowda289 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Overall, I'm pretty happy with my purchase. It was a great deal. I got better specs than I could afford. With just a rtx 1070, 8 gb ram, and i7 cpu for this chassis, I was looking at around $1600...so I was very excited when Microcenter offered this deal for $1300. (And I drove 3 hours to the store and 3 hours back, still paying way less than $1600.) I do agree that it would be nice if Microcenter worked on their support for drivers, etc. online. It's frustrating with the issue of CCC and the touchpad driver conflict...and no Bios update. I did discover their support forum, so I do think they are working on it. :)

@Chastity After shopping around, they are the company I originally planned to buy from. They had the best price (before Microcenter's offer) with the most customization. I would definitely consider GentechPC in the future.

6. Chowda289

Reputations:
    First, I can't get into Bios. What am I doing wrong? I've tried using the F2 button (as recommended on Microcenter) and the Delete button. What is the button? :mad:

And any Bios updates? I know there is the Clevo one, but I haven't tried it...yet.

7. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    F2 key. You probably need to either disable Fast Startup in Windows or use "Restart" instead of "Shut down"

8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Hold shift and click restart for an advanced menu that can boot straight into the bios with no keys pressed during boot.

9. Chowda289

Reputations:
  10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It's the easiest way if you can get into windows if you have it all setup to boot super quick :)